The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from South MS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from South MS
    Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 5:30pm
Howdy, I joined the CCC forum a few months ago, but never made a intro post. Always been interested in mil surp firearms, but just now have the financial means to support my interest. So far I have a Garand, Mosin PU, Winchester Model 12 trench shotgun, and my favorite, My 11-43 Inland M1 carbine. I have learned that thing backwards and forwards, and it is by far my favorite firearm. Love the history, but even more than that, I love to shoot it!  l Love it so much that I am actually in the process of buying a collector grade Quality Hardware. I followed the advise of another member on the forum where he stated to begin with a shooter grade carbine (which my inland is, but looks beautiful to me. I got it through the Midway offerings). After learning a lot about them and what to look for, I have stepped up. I will post pictures of the new QH when I get it, along with my first true love, my Inland. I do not know everything (not by a long shot) but have done tons and tons of research and reading. I can honestly say that they are an addictive firearm. Cheers! 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 5:52pm
Welcome to the forum. Tell us more about your Inland. Would really like to see some pictures of that Winchester Model 12 trench gun, I had one once that I traded away, that trade still keeps me up at night, I should have known better when the owner of the gun shop said "look around and pick out what you want". We have a section in the forum for "Other Wartime Firearms" under the General Discussion Section.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 6:08pm
I will take some pictures when I get home, and also read about how to post a picture on here. It has been refinished, but still looks great. The guy who did it did an amazing job. Other than it being in mint condition, you cannot tell it was re-blued. I have seen others posting about difficulty posting pictures but i am sure i can figure it out. 
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2021 at 9:38pm
My inland has a matching receiver number for the barrel date (11-43), Winchester flat bolt, IBM trigger housing (the braised one), and the adjustable sights that are IBM, Winchester slide. Has a beautiful early Underwood “UEF/GHD” with ordinance wheel stock (it’s not I cut or high wood though). I also have the early type 1 inland barrel band and a dog leg Winchester hammer. Also has an early inland magazine catch. My ME reads a 1.5 and the bore is mirror bright. Shoots like a dream. No Arsenal rebuild marks present. 
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2021 at 9:43pm
Welcome to the forum!
Durango56 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 8:52am
Welcome to the forum. Where did you purchase your QHMC Carbine. They are my favorite military rifle as well.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 9:19am
a little website called Checkpoint Charlies
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 9:24am
but unfortunately I put her on layaway (figured my wife would be less likely to kill me this time next month so close to my birthday) so I don’t have it yet. But, still got my inland for now ❤️
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 2:45pm
Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie. There is more relevant info and data available on this site than I think I've ever seen on ANY site, regardless of it's subject matter. In fact, sometimes it is a little overwhelming trying to soak too much in at once. The bright side is that there is a group of guys here including W5USMC, Painter777, Floydthecat, and others that will usually come to the rescue if you have a question or problem. The members that I mentioned and more have helped me a ton with trying to learn the basics of these little rifles.

John
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 4:33pm
floydthecat is actually from a town about 45 minutes from me! Small world. 
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Rebel92 Rebel92 wrote:

floydthecat is actually from a town about 45 minutes from me! Small world. 

Floydthecat has been very helpful since I came on here. I suspect he would be a good guy to have nearby when something goes wrong:)
It is a small world, my life-long best friend lives just South of you a few miles in Lumberton.

John
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 6:35pm
I actually live in Purvis, so Lumberton Is actually right next door to me!
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 6:36pm
thank you 
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2021 at 3:12pm
I have posted a poor quality picture of my M12 for you in the other wartime firearm section. 
 Post Reply Post Reply