The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from Germany

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leupold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from Germany
    Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 7:17am
Hello, everybody,

My name is Thomas and I live in Germany.
Here we have just received a new weapons law, which contains some important changes.
For the most part unfortunately more populist than actually dedicated to security.
Anyway, one part is that semi-automatic rifles are no longer allowed to use magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
We have here a large number of sport shooters who like to shoot with the 30M1.
However, the current magazines hold 15 rounds and a pure limitation to 10 rounds is not allowed in the future.
In fact, the form factor of the magazines are not allowed to hold more than 10 shots  
It occurred to me that there are only a few states in the USA that impose a 10 round limit?
I hope you can help me, whether in the USA or elsewhere, there are manufacturers for 10 shot magazines for the 30M1.
These must work cleanly even under competition conditions.

If there is a source, I will see how to import them legally.
If anyone has any tips on this, I would be happy to hear them.

BR,

Thomas
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 7:21am
5-rounders are available from various sources...even ebay. As opposed to blocking a mag (which may-or-may-not be legal there) I’d consider 5’s.

I am not saying 10’s are not available....just saying 5’s are an alternative and the one’s I have are very good. Often sellers on places like ebay list a 15 as a 10 just to meet ebay’s 10 policy.

A few listed suppliers for 10’s:
Keep Shooting
Pro Mag
Auto Ordnance

You could contact these and see if they ship internationally.

Edited by floydthecat - Feb 26 2020 at 8:10am
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 9:06am
Leupold View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leupold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 9:11am
Hi floydthecat,

thanks for the quick response.
5 rounders are not an option because there is a minimum of 6 rounds necessary to run trough the stages.
As an example: One of the matches is a modified 1500 match.
You need 150 rounds in total and in one of the stages 4 mags with 6 rounds each.

I´ll try to get in touch with the mentioned suppliers.

Is here somebody else who has experience with 10 round mags?
Leupold View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leupold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Can original magazines be blocked to only accept 10 rounds?

Hi,

no, that is a one of the main issues.
The only way is to cut them down.
But I have no experience with this kind of work.

patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 9:14am
Hello and welcome here on the forum.
In The Netherlands we also had the law changed last year over the magazines. We had to re-apply a new permit form for our .30M1s, with an extra statement that for shooting sport the use of high capacity magazines is necessary (the so called A7 declaration). A member of the board of the club needs to underwrite and with that I got a new permit stating "extra permit for magazines >10 rounds for rifles as well as magazines >20 rounds for handguns for the weapon described above". In this case, my .30M1.
It can be that the German government will implement something similar like this: a statement that it is for a specific shooting sport discipline.
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
Leupold View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leupold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by patrickduis patrickduis wrote:

Hello and welcome here on the forum.
In The Netherlands we also had the law changed last year over the magazines. We had to re-apply a new permit form for our .30M1s, with an extra statement that for shooting sport the use of high capacity magazines is necessary (the so called A7 declaration). A member of the board of the club needs to underwrite and with that I got a new permit stating "extra permit for magazines >10 rounds for rifles as well as magazines >20 rounds for handguns for the weapon described above". In this case, my .30M1.
It can be that the German government will implement something similar like this: a statement that it is for a specific shooting sport discipline.

That is what we in Germany also applied for.
But our politicians ignored it so we have a much harder law as the most other European countries. Angry
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 10:16am
Yes it is in your country........in the Netherlands we are "masters of compromise"..........we talk a lot, but at the end nothing much changes.........but it costs more and more "managers" get a job because of all this talking....... 
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2020 at 5:34am
First, welcome to the forum.  I enjoy reading about gun laws in other countries.

Here's a 10 with fairly good reviews.  Might want to check it out...

Another at Midway.  Promag with not very good ratings. (You have to select 10 round in the drop down Capacity box)

Edited by sling00 - Feb 27 2020 at 7:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image