The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Surplus Carbine Ammo from CMP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2023 at 12:17pm
Here you go Matt, an old quote from Bill Ricca
"The safety pins are on all bandoleers. The pin is used to adjust the long loop so the bandoleer fits each individual, large and small. Some used the pin to make the loop a specific size, others also used the pin to attach the bandoleer to their clothing."
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2023 at 12:31pm
Thanks Wayne!  Of course that makes sense.  
Uncle Mike View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2023 at 9:16am
Hi, I ordered Carbine ammo April 28 and was notified May 23, of shipment, regards, Mike
SSNPingjockey View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2023 at 9:29am
Thanks for info.  I was wondering on the processing/shipping time.  I ordered May 6 and have not heard or received anything.  So, it's taking them 3-4 weeks to get it shipped out.  Not a big deal, but at least we all know what to expect.
Chad
USN Retired
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2023 at 1:05pm
My order was placed April 27 along with a cleaning rod on the 28th.  The orders had to be seperate.
The cleaning rod hit my CC first by a day or two.
Going to the e-store account, the ammo invoice shows a date of May 19. 
It never was given a Fedex tracking number there.
However I attempted to sign up for Fedex's delivery notification.  Kindof half worked.  Got an automated phone call with the delivery date and tracking number.  The driver actually called a couple minutes before arriving. I called him back and met him at the door.  Pretty easy but did mean sticking around to recieve it.
jeepwm69 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepwm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2023 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by jim77cg jim77cg wrote:

M1 carbine ammo arrived yesterday.  I was lucky to order four bandoliers of 120 rounds each, all Lake City -72. 

Was this limited to two per buyer, or two per order?

I could probably get the old man to order me some more, if it becomes available again, but would be easier to order it myself.

That said, I already ordered two.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2023 at 6:36pm
[/QUOTE]
Was this limited to two per buyer, or two per order?

I could probably get the old man to order me some more, if it becomes available again, but would be easier to order it myself.

That said, I already ordered two.
[/QUOTE]
2 per customer/year.  I haven't seen any listed lately.
CGG-1943 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CGG-1943 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2023 at 11:04am
jim77cg, is there a way to get a specific notification when surplus .30 carbine becomes available from the CMP, or did you just sign up for the general product update email under your account on the CMP eStore?
Chris

NPM, Early 1943
jim77cg View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim77cg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2023 at 11:52am
Yes, I received notification via regular informational e-mail from CMP. As i recall they sent out a heads-up that they had received the types of surplus ammo and after they had a chance to process it, they would make it available online for sale.  As soon as I received notification when it was ready, I ordered.
jim
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2023 at 1:12pm
I don't believe CMP sends out email when stock goes in or out of e-store. You just have to be diligent on checking or usually someone on the CMP forum gives a heads up in the Ammunition sub-forum. It doesn't look like they are allowing backorders via mail, some said they were notified it was out of stock but then it later showed up back in stock on e-store.
jim77cg View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim77cg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2023 at 1:40pm
CGG-1943,
 It took me awhile to locate, but this is the exact notice I received via email from CMP concerning recent surplus ammo sales.  I can't speak for how others on this forum were notified.  I placed my order immediately after receiving this announcement. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123