Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOW!
    Posted: Mar 19 2023 at 7:10pm
Collectors do as collectors do!???

The LR stuff had lots of THs with only one hammer marking! I think they can be had for less then the above, or am I missing something?
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2023 at 7:15pm
Instead of WOW, I think you should have said "YIKES!".

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2023 at 7:32pm
That’s a friend of mines TH. He’s every bit of shocked as we are!
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2023 at 8:18pm
And I just confirmed with my friend, they guy has paid
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2023 at 9:52pm
I see that your friend listed another Rock-ola TH. A few more crazy sales like the first one and he will have the cash to buy a complete Rock-Ola.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 6:37am
That’s what I told him, he doesn’t have interest in a Rockola, but will likely be putting the funds towards a S’G’
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 6:54am
Ah, that housing has two hammer marks Cry
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 6:57am
A fake NPM stock sold this past week for $437. By the time the buyer pays taxes and shipping, he has $500 in it. It was a fresh piece of wood that looked like it was sawed and stamped yesterday. The seller freely stated that it was a repro, but nobody cared. I bet he was more surprised than the bidders.

I am going to start digging around in my stuff to see what I have available.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 7:13am
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

I see one set, where's the second?
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Why Carbines? Why Carbines? wrote:

Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

I see one set, where's the second?

I was referring to the other one he listed
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 2:01pm
Hmm, next time you'll let us know which one you're talking about!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 3:30pm
It does look like 2 hammer marks on the one currently listed, but did Rock-Ola ever use a dog leg with a type IV TH?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Mike in NC View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 3:48pm
Pretty sure the dogleg hammer wasn't ever used with the type IV trigger housing during Rock-Ola production.

Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

It does look like 2 hammer marks on the one currently listed, but did Rock-Ola ever use a dog leg with a type IV TH?
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2023 at 8:17am
Btw, I look at more as correctors do as correctors do. It would be impossible to gauge the amount of market valuation that comes just from the correcting aspects (buying restoration parts and selling corrected rifles) of the carbine hobby.If anyone wants to know just one of the reasons we're paying more for stuff now, I can tell you.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2023 at 8:26am
In my area, Carbines were selling like hotcakes, rearsenalled, restoration, original, didn’t matter price or condition. The past year or so, you almost can’t give them away. Complete carbines have dropped in interest and people are now flocking to garands, but parts are still fetching top dollar to certain dealers who’re restoring carbines and selling them as original. 
Rezin777 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rezin777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2023 at 9:15am
The greater economy as a whole certainly affects firearms pricing. While there are always people who can and will pay top dollar for very specific items for their collection, when you are spending $80 on two bags of groceries it certainly doesn't leave as much extra cash for hobbies.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2023 at 9:36am
That’s exactly what it is, as well as what was most popular at that time, all the Carbines for imported, so everyone wanted one, then the CMP garands, CMP 1911s, it comes and goes
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2023 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Rezin777 Rezin777 wrote:

The greater economy as a whole certainly affects firearms pricing. While there are always people who can and will pay top dollar for very specific items for their collection, when you are spending $80 on two bags of groceries it certainly doesn't leave as much extra cash for hobbies.

I paid that for one 10# bag of chicken yesterday!
Jhdoak View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhdoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2023 at 11:28pm
I just bought Rock-Ola that I believe the previous owner (or someone) attempt to bring back to “all original.” My first clue was the RMC stock marked AAG and every part marked Rock-Ola. Should I part it out…?? 
 Post Reply Post Reply