The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun Vice ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun Vice ID
    Posted: Mar 03 2023 at 2:24pm
I found this in the trash last trip to the range and maybe that is where it belongs.
Does anyone recognize this or have a brand name or manufacture idea?
No marks, no stamps anywhere to be found. Probably cheaper and smarter to just get one, but my buddy needs one and he likes to fix and tinker on things as well. Thanks.....

Lightning 330
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2023 at 2:52pm
JackP
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2023 at 2:53pm
Typical day at a range. Some shooter could not blame his poor accuracy on his ammo or himself, so he got mad and threw away that instead of his gun.
Lightning330 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2023 at 3:01pm
Thanks Jack. Grinning, I should have known you would be da' man to have the answer. 
Thanks again..................  
Lightning 330
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2023 at 5:44pm
Had (have?) one exactly like that . There is a beanbag-type cushion that sits in the little tray on top of the muzzle end of it. If I remember, I had to anchor the beanbag down to the tray with two zip ties to keep from having to constantly hunt for it.
John
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 9:43am
It looks like one I have, Tipton I believe is the brand. It's decent to work loads, has issues with magazine feed autoloaders.
David Milisock
 Post Reply Post Reply