Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ebay seller(s) near Mechanicsburg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ebay seller(s) near Mechanicsburg
    Posted: Feb 07 2023 at 8:13pm
My memory and search skills are failing on this one - but my recollection is yellow caution flag - or orange if you will on a seller from this location.

I bring it to the member's attention because I saw the following listing for operating slides and
a member was just asking about finishes.

In the photo these look somewhat shiny blue over a variety of textures and machining marks.

WWII M1 Carbine Operating Slide Inland Type 6 USGI Late War PI stamped

Would be interested in what others think.

I can't recall the specific reason for the yellow flag in my memory, but listing like this one help earn caution flags.

M1 Carbine Magazine Pouch Stock Type 1943 dated

Careful observation of the listing location at the very top does show it under reproductions.
And anyone familirr with these would know from looking at the photos, but nothing on the page tells the buyer that.   In fact the listing says "M1 Carbine Magazine Pouch Stock Type. Holds 2 magazines dated 1943"  

Rezin777 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rezin777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2023 at 8:33pm
I purchased 2 rear flip sights from that seller in the past. If I recall correctly one was determined to be half legit by some members here. I never determined whether the second was real or repro. I believe both were listed as the real deal but the auctions are no longer viewable and I don't recall all of the details.
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2023 at 11:53pm
I think he has been known to sell some questionable things under different seller names like wobsfund and Ivesarmory. I bought an M8 grenade launcher from him years ago new in the wrap that ended up being legit made by reliance. I have also bought other small parts still in the original packages from him so he does have some legit stuff, but I can't speak for all of it. he has also sold an M1 carbine winter trigger made by watervliet arsenal still in the package that I know he got from bill Ricca because Mr Ricca was the only one that had those for sale because I bought one myself from Mr Ricca years ago and even talked to him about them over the phone. He charged $350 for it if I remember correctly and someone bought it which is double what Mr Ricca charged. I have followed him and tried to keep up with him over the years. what gives him away is he usually uses the same background or type pictures and of course the location is always very similar, somewhere I forget in Pennsylvania.hth

Edited by Jond41403 - Feb 08 2023 at 12:08am
DogDoc View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2023 at 9:31am
The magazine pouch does say it is new.  It would be nice if it said reproduction and the 1943 date can make it a little ambiguous though.
HDJKSTR M1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HDJKSTR M1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2023 at 8:30am
I bought some trigger springs for Carbine and the bolt tool which was not stated it was USGI...we both knew it was aftermarket. I got it super fast to Reading, PA

No complaints y'all 
Jake
 Post Reply Post Reply