Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Other Wartime Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My first Garand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Garand
    Posted: Feb 06 2023 at 4:38pm
Hello,

I've been waiting a long time to find a nice Garand, and finally I got it. I am very pleased of course.

This is a M1 rifle from Springfield Armory, dated october 1942 (barrel dated september 42), in quite good condition. It has been untouched since it was lost in 1944.

Cherry on the cake, its owner was identified as the rifle was discovered +20 years ago in the south of France castle (chateau de Valbourgès) still in its camo Griswold bag (with a service number on it).

This castle was right in the middle of the drop zone of the 551st PIB during operation Dragoon

DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2023 at 5:33pm
Nice
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2023 at 7:47pm
Beautiful condition. In the US to find one in that condition most likely would be post-war manufacture.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2023 at 10:35pm
Incredible, that might be one I had to refrain from shooting!  
 Post Reply Post Reply