Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ikea Carbine Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ikea Carbine Kit
    Posted: Nov 25 2022 at 1:22pm
Smile

I just got a NIB James River Armory/"Rock-ola" M1 Carbine receiver in from the Larry Ruth estate sale. I'm sending it with a bunch of USGI parts to Fulton Armory and hopefully early next year I'll have another Carbine in the safe.

I'm sending a full trigger group (Rockola USGI housing), 2 USGI bolts, a Inland Type 5 slide and some odd and ends in with a spare commercial stock.

I'll have them install a new barrel, and rear sight. Everything else I should be good on Big smile
Pro Libertate View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2022 at 2:06pm
Right on! That ought to make a nice little shooter.
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO
Project Appleseed “Rifleman”

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2022 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Pro Libertate Pro Libertate wrote:

Right on! That ought to make a nice little shooter.

I'm hoping. I'm having them install a USGI spec barrel
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2023 at 7:09pm
It's Home

Range report in a couple weeks, I've started a new job and have to work Saturdays for awhile
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2023 at 9:36pm
Nice figure in the stock set. Looks like a brand new rifle.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2023 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

Nice figure in the stock set. Looks like a brand new rifle.

Basically it is. It might be a tad mag picky though. FA mentioned that the JRA receiver is a tight fit. I tried USGI mags with no problems, and KCI mags with M1 style followers. KCI mags with a M2 style follower won't sit right.

I've plenty of the former, and hopefully it'll wear in
35 Whelen View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 35 Whelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2023 at 4:19am
Looks great!!
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2023 at 10:35am
Originally posted by 35 Whelen 35 Whelen wrote:

Looks great!!

Thanks. The mags might be a problem not liking the M2 style follower. I've 10 USGI mags and 4-5 older KCI M1 follower style I'll test over the next few months as I can and I ordered 5 more USGI's from the Midway sale last night. Since this is going to be a "shooter" I'll mark what mags work best for it and keep those in the case I'll use for it.

Tempted to try the range tomorrow but figure better to wait for the Midway mags and test those 1st.
Lightning330 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2023 at 3:31pm
Very Nice. It's always a good feel to have yet another one in the mix. Mags are funny things and do usually find a home sooner or later. I just got 4 Korean mags new and still in the package. All work fine in my 2 Inlands and the QHMC, yet only 1 of the 4 would seat and lock in my friends Underwood. USGI mags are it's cup of tea indeed. 
Lightning 330
 Post Reply Post Reply