Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Early Inland Stock Markings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Inland Stock Markings
    Posted: Sep 25 2022 at 1:06pm
Early Inlands have stamps on the stock to the left of the front of the bolt.  If anyone has a carbine with that stamp could you please post.  I will start, this is on a 1-43 high wood.
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 8:31am
I have this early inland stock with the 4 marks in the slingwell LA, O, CC and bomb. 
Here is a pic of  a mark in same place you ar looking....an I?...backwards L?
just trying to help and learn
al
pics link can figure out how to post here

Edited by W5USMC - Sep 26 2022 at 10:19am
M1Dude View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 2:43pm
Great looking stock markings sfal,  Thanks for posting.
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 2:58pm
Forgot to add....these were I cut and this one is all original....still retains its High wood and is marked P on bottom of pistol grip....also no rebuild marks on left side
thanks al
M1Dude View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by sfal7418 sfal7418 wrote:

Forgot to add....these were I cut and this one is all original....still retains its High wood and is marked P on bottom of pistol grip....also no rebuild marks on left side
thanks al

Sounds like my 1-43 Inland,  Does yours have a 42 barrel date? 
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 3:58pm
Sounds like my 1-43 Inland,  Does yours have a 42 barrel date? 

Its 11-42....sn of rifle is 192013....I have had it for close to 40yrs...when I was in the Army a friend had it....I had a shiny new Universal  Carbine....He wanted to swap carbines....and I didnt hesitate :)

This stock didnt come with my rifle, it would be "correct" for an inland around 40-60K if I remember right, didnt make alot of them with the 4 marks in sling well and who knows how many survived unmolested.

The stock that mine came in was probably org to the rifle, high wood OI in sling well and CC on right side, never had any frt band than a type 1...but it had a chunk broken (still there) under the frt band, all in all it was nice.

When I got some Carbines from an estate sale this I cut early stock was mated with a rebuilt Inland
knowing how somewhat rare it is, and how great of condition,  I swapped out stocks....only I cut I have ever held
Love the history
al
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 4:20pm
The marking to the left of the front ring has been reported.

Tenocee, if you see this, was it you that reported the same mark on an SG?
M1Dude View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 6:59pm
Here is a better pic of the marking left of the front ring on my 1-43
 Post Reply Post Reply