Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland 5,470,895

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2022 at 11:48pm
Dang I still Ain’t got the buttplate off!!
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2022 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Rebel92 Rebel92 wrote:

Dang I still Ain’t got the buttplate off!!

What I have learned over many years of messing with carbine disassembly is that if it won't it won't. Don't force anything, don't obsess over it, just move on to another part. The price of carbines in general are high enough that it's not worth messing something up just to take a certain part or parts off.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2022 at 8:50pm
You could try what I do with stubborn butt plates.... thump it a few times with a rubber mallet. They are usually stuck from many layers of dried on oil. The rubber hammer can crack it loose without any damage to the butt plate or the wood.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2022 at 10:49pm
You can also heat it with heat gun this sometimes help to get it off.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2022 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Matt_X Matt_X wrote:

ShockedLOL
Really Nice carbine and posts.
That would be a buy in my book even though I'm not looking and don't want a collection per se.

Thanks Matt. The carbine bug has me bad as I am pretty sure I’m addicted. My wife liked to have killed me when she saw me looking for another carbine to buy before this one was even delivered Big smile
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2022 at 4:02pm
OK, Rebel, how much of your new baby's milk money did this one cost ya?

On the other hand, I'm wondering why in the world would your wife complain about another lousy $175.00 carbean?!

Well, the silver lining to this cloud is there are now enough rifles crowded into the corner of your closet she'll never notice another one sneaked into the stack while she's at the grocery store shoplifting baby formula b/c you squandered milk money on another carbean!.  You dog!!
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2022 at 6:20pm
I spent all the milk money but luckily she’s on the teet
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2022 at 9:04pm
scum
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12