The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member in the Pacific Northwest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalwrkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member in the Pacific Northwest
    Posted: Aug 24 2022 at 1:15pm
Hello All,  I hunt and have a number of firearms.  Used to bench rest and still reload all my hunting cartridges.  As a teenager,  close friends had an M1 carbine and we used to shoot it a lot.  I have always wanted one but more as a shooter than a serious collector.  A friend was recently cleaning out the family basement and found a carbine as well as a bunch more rifles and pistols.  His father was a service man who had been stationed around the world and collected weapons as well as memorabilia from the past.  Long story short, I bought the carbine and a bunch of related stuff from him.  I am curious as to exactly what I have.  Figured this would be a good place to learn about carbines and to build on what I have already searched out.  Look forward to some good conversations!
Old and worn out. I have two speeds, dead slow and all stop. Sent from my rotary phone!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2022 at 1:22pm
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing more about your carbine or better yet seeing some pictures.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New to me carbine View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New to me carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2022 at 1:32pm
I am working on a post in the parts and markings thread.  Thanks for the welcome!
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image