The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rocky Mountain Reloading bulletts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rocky Mountain Reloading bulletts
    Posted: Jun 03 2022 at 6:15pm
I bought 250 of RMR 110 grain FMJ to try for reloading my carbines. The service was great, a fair price, I even got a hand drawn smiley face and thank you on the bill of lading.  Smile

Checking them out I will back off on my start load as the bullets have a larger bearing surface than the other GMJ and RNSP bullets I've been using.

It may be a week or so I'm working on projects. I'll post my results as I go.

David Milisock
Aggie94 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2022 at 10:07am
So what were your results? Just ordered some my self so curious
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2022 at 11:59am
I got tied up with several projects, one involving the government so not tested yet. I have decided to use them to test new magnum primers. 
David Milisock
Aggie94 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2022 at 1:03am
David I had time to load up 10 RMR rounds the other day before going to the range. Accuracy was good but 2 of the rounds didn't fully seat in the chamber, thinking it wasn't the bullets fault
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2022 at 9:17am
I have no time right now but soon. Thanks for the update.
David Milisock
35 Whelen View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 35 Whelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2022 at 11:14pm
 I bought some of the RMR bullets, which are actually Armscor bullets. I won a Quality Hardware on an auction a few weeks ago and after getting the correct height front sight installed, fired a few 100 yds. groups with a load consisting of 15.0 gr. of W296, primers from pull down LC ammo, Korean brass and the 110 gr. Armscor bullet. The Armscor bullet is a bit shorter than a Hornady, so I seated it a little deeper.

That cluster is four shots with the fifth shot out low and right. That is pretty much representative of all the 100 yd. groups. I fired some at 200 but my 200 yd. target is tucked back in some trees and is difficult to see except during the middle of the day so those groups were pretty meh...
Aggie94 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2022 at 4:50am
Interesting Whelen, I had no idea RMR didn't make their 30 cal bullets. And congratulations on your new QH, looks like it shoots well!
 Post Reply Post Reply