Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Classic Firearms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classic Firearms
    Posted: Jun 03 2022 at 1:46pm
AngryRecently ordered two Inland M1 carbines from Classic Firearms advertised as NRA Surplus Good condition. One was ok but the other was not even close to that condition. The stock had a gash about 1" long and 1/4 " deep in the left forearm, was oil soaked dark, and had a unrepaired crack in the upper hand guard. The condition of the 2 rifles was completely different. I texted a complaint and sent the gun back. "Jay" claimed it met the NRA condition! They sent a refund of only $1243.27, or $77.016 less than I paid.. There was no accounting what the difference in money was for. I asked for an explanation and "Jay" again claimed the gun was as advertised, and still didn't explain the money difference. 

I will never buy anything from them again as I feel they are completely dishonest .
                                                                                                                          Frank
Frank
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2022 at 9:31pm
Frank thanks for the report and welcome to the Forum. Assume these carbines have the IOINC MELB FL import marking on the underside of the barrel? It is believed that Classic got these carbines from Royal Tiger (RTI) who has also been known for selling some carbines that were in a rougher than described condition. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2022 at 7:13am
I am trying to nice this up as much as possible, but the condition of many of the RTI guns was pretty clear from their original pictures. Mistakes have been made throughout the history of M1 carbine collecting and they always will be (all of us have made them), but another way to say it is that both desire and passion are double edged swords that will bite you back in the rear if you're not careful.
 Post Reply Post Reply