Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion, what would be preferred?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion, what would be preferred?
    Posted: May 30 2022 at 5:56pm
This may be a dumb question, but I thought I'd put it our there anyway. 

I have two stocks to choose from to put on my all-correct QHMC. Both are correct type II stocks, but have different condition/quality.

One is VERY nice finish and color with practically no handling dings/scratches at all. Almost perfect. It has been factory refinished but has no rebuild stamp on it. It also has no visible cartouche or CC. But it is very pretty. The sling well stamp is correct. Handguard match is not an issue.

The second is a "good" quality dark color/finish but with a few prominent dings/scratches, and minor handling marks all over. It also has been reworked and has a A A stamp on the left side. But it does have a fairly decent cartouche and faint CC on the right side. The sling well stamp is correct. Hand guard match is not an issue. 
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2022 at 6:59pm
Depends on what the finish of Carbine is. If it's got a nice newish look to it use the 1st stock. If it has a more used look the 2nd would give it the right character IMO
 Post Reply Post Reply