The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PMC 30 Carbine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PMC 30 Carbine?
    Posted: May 23 2022 at 9:18pm
Is this the same PMC that’s still making ammo today? It says made in Korea. I have Korean mil surp ammo, and it is also in the cartons, but it also has Korean writing on the boxes. The headstamp is PS80. I’m guessing (forgive me, I’m about to butcher this) Poon Sang? I searched for the lot # on the interweb but nothing good happens when you type in poon on google. Can someone tell me a little bout it? Is this surplus?

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2022 at 9:39pm
The PS headstamp= Poongsan Metal Manufacturing Company Ltd., Seoul, Republic of Korea
Likely surplus ammo that has been packaged by PMC for the commercial market. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2022 at 9:40pm
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2022 at 9:43pm
Thanks! The bullet ogive reminded me of my surplus ammo, but wasn’t sure since the box says PMC.. It shoots well. I was looking for ammo to shoot to get some fresh brass to reload, and since this box is about hammered it is next on my chopping block 
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2022 at 9:45pm
Since this is from 1980, I would have to imagine the 30 carbine from their military  ammunition facility huh?
 Post Reply Post Reply