Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

500 round spam can

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 500 round spam can
    Posted: May 14 2022 at 12:57pm
What would a fair price be?  I know where four are available?
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2022 at 1:06pm
Are you sure it's not 600 round spam cans? Is it USGI ammo?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
DogDoc View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2022 at 1:21pm
They are.  Typo. 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2022 at 1:37pm
USGI Spam can prices have been through the roof lately. A couple years ago they were asking $400 at a gun show in my area, a year later that jumped to $540. Currently on gun broker there are three listed, one listing has a buy it now price of $750, one listing has 7 bids with the current price at $855 and the 3rd listing has a starting price of $599 with no bids yet. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
DogDoc View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2022 at 1:46pm
Thank you!  I think I could get two for $1000. I felt like it was a pretty good deal. 
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2022 at 2:42pm
As a collectible, I think the value is whatever you are willing to pay within reason. 

I'm speculating that the increased bidding on GB may relate to the cost of current production ammo.  In other words some of the bidders want to stock up or just need ammo and don't want to wait a few weeks or months.  I'm guessing .30 carbine is made in batches and the shelves will remain bare until more batches get made and shipped.  
 Post Reply Post Reply