Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Newsworthy Items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Retirement of Bob Eakins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newsmen
newsmen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Newsman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retirement of Bob Eakins
    Posted: Apr 16 2022 at 7:40am

Retirement of longtime Carbine Club volunteer Bob Eakins

A “shout out” of thanks to Bob Eakins upon his retirement from “active duty” with the Carbine Club, after 40 years! 

Bob volunteered as Club Treasurer in 1982, and by managing our money well, we were able to lower our membership dues.  He also volunteered to serve as Club Administrator/Secretary.

He later became Custodian of our growing file of data sheets.  He provided feedback, recommendations, and guidance to members in restoring their carbines to factory-original configuration. Over the decades, Bob also authored a number of Manufacturer’s Update articles, as well as many other reports for our newsletters.

Bob chooses to remain off-line, but we hope that he will continue to provide guidance to our Club staff, based on his extensive experience in collecting.

Marty Black

Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2022 at 2:25pm
And lets hear it for Marty too! He's been an active member for many years too....

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2022 at 9:19pm
I have to say I am thankful for Bob’s efforts - sounds like a lot of us should recognize what he has done for all of us behind the scenes…Often those that are least recognized can have a big impact. Thank you Bob for your efforts to further and support the Carbine Collectors Club- enjoy your retirement!!
ranzuly View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranzuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2022 at 7:34pm
 Thank You, Sir
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2022 at 1:10pm
I had wondered what happened to Bob. I had a lot of contact with him over the years with the with the early club. But I couldn't tell with the on line club if he still was with the club. Thanks Bob for all your help with new members over the years. Bill
ranzuly View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranzuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2022 at 2:19pm
Many Thanks to you and all of other behind the scenes members and Board members over the years, especially when the  club was not online !!!
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2022 at 9:37pm
I think I'll keep that autographed post card you sent me years ago! *LOL* Its gotta be worth something! Thank for your help over the years.

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2022 at 10:03pm
I am pretty sure I still have all the postcards that I got from Bob too.
 Post Reply Post Reply