Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slings Re-pop vs USGI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fchaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slings Re-pop vs USGI
    Posted: Apr 07 2022 at 6:32pm
So shopping around and see the WWII era slings are SUPER expensive. In a search I found the thread with the link to the shop that sells the WWII and the Korean/Vietnam era slings for a much better price. So my question is are the USGI slings (Korean/Vietnam era) of better quality than the re-pops and worth is the extra bit of cash. And as a bit of a survey what you you all have on your Carbines, GI or re-pop? 

Then on the question of re-pops there are a tons of venders on ebay/etc. If I do go re-pop is there a brand/vender that has the most accurate version of the slings? Don't even get me started on the oilers. LOL
Craig
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2022 at 7:08pm
There are SUPER expensive fakes out there as well. Buyer beware.
carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2022 at 12:32am
The best repros available are from a vendor of reproduction WWII equipment and uniforms called “At the Front”. They sell them in khaki and OD. The weave is as close as I’ve seen, hardware is very accurate and the $20 price tag is hard to beat!

fchaus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fchaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2022 at 6:00pm
Made in the USA! Nice. Those do look great. 
Craig
 Post Reply Post Reply