Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trench knives and bayonets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trench knives and bayonets
    Posted: Mar 13 2022 at 7:37pm
Went to a show again this weekend (OGCA). found a well worn M3 trench knife. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have bought it except for two things. First the knife was a blade marked Imperial. And second, the guy came way down on his price. Seems he is selling out the stuff and didn't want to pack it up for the trip home.  I now have 4 blade marked M3s in the collection, Boker, Imperial, Utica and Camillus. Those things are sky rocketing in price along with the carbines.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2022 at 7:45am
I only own one M3 compared to almost every variation of the M4. The price of the M3 early on was the limiting factor
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2022 at 6:54pm
The M6 scabbard is the real "OUCH!" Those have gone completely out of sight. I have one and that is probably the only one I'll have. I have leather handled M4s from 4 makers; Camillus, Utica, Imperial and Pal. 
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2022 at 7:27pm
Hello Smokpole,

You should post a photo of your new M3 knife. We probably passed each other in the aisles at OGCA.

I have an Imperial that I wrote about at this link:

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/lets-discuss-m4-bayonets-m8-a1-scabbards_topic2555_page2.html?KW=imperial

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
jangle View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2022 at 8:21am
OGCA on Saturday was a zoo. So crowded it made it hard to recognize a friend, even if you did pass them in the isles. I walked around early and didn't see any collectable Carbines, just overpriced rebuilds, which were still on the tables late Sunday.  Missed seeing arthur this show. 

I've always had a fondness for M3's, when I can find one reasonably priced.  I'll post a photo of a few I have, along with a couple of Milsco M6 sheaths I've had for along time.

M3's left to right:
Guard mk'ed Camillus/no sheath
Guard mk'ed Boker
Guard mk'ed Case
Guard mk'ed Utica
Blade mk'ed Imperial

Best to all!

Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2022 at 10:29am
Looks like you missed the S'G' rebuild that the guy had labeled as SG. I looked at it and it didn't seem quite right til I looked under the rear sight and saw the G' showing. You've got some nice looking M3s there. Mine are much more worn and used. Still, they are what they are.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply