The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howdy from Central Texas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy from Central Texas
    Posted: Mar 12 2022 at 5:18pm
Got on the site a coupla days ago and just read the Newbie thread by Jackson realizing 'zackly what this forum is all about.  Recently in possession of a Quality Hardware carbine previously owned by a collector who recently passed away.  It is in super excellent condition externally and internally very little wear and tear at all.  A closet queen I suspect.  I am of the opinion the Parkerization is all original.  This gun most probably was issued to an officer who had no use for it so it stood in a corner someplace or closet.  Fitted w/ a Rock-Ola barrel w/ no worn areas on it or any of the external metal; bore is stunning mirror shiny.  Type 3 barrel band and milled adjustable rear sight.  Front sight no markings.  From what I've read Q.H. manufactured receivers only and not any of the other working parts so I assume this carbine could contain markings from just about any of the other contractors?  Where can I get my hands on a data sheet?

Looking forward to time on this forum.

sls

"You don't need thirty rounds to hunt with."
True, but the founding fathers didn't write the 2nd Amendment because the deer were coming.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2022 at 6:16pm
Data sheet in the link below. Welcome to the forum.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply