Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TRIVIA QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louis Losi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Timothy Timothy wrote:

Originally posted by Louis Losi Louis Losi wrote:

Originally posted by Bkell3565 Bkell3565 wrote:

Close enough. It was in 1930 that the Colt Model 1873 revolver was chambered for the .38 Special ………….57 years after the introduction of the Colt Model 1873 revolver.

Close enough? Maybe for your second question but not the original question of when it was introduced. Per the quote you state the Model 1873 was introduced (the original question) 57 years before 1930. Which by my math is 1930 minus 57 equals 1873. My vote goes to Smokpole with the first correct answer to the original question - and is what Colt lists as the date serial number 1 was produced (SN 1 is interesting trivia by itself).
Respectfully,
My trivia question was when was the SINGLE ACTION ARMY introduce? Colt never used or mentioned COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY until 1930. That's 57 years after the introduction of the Colt Model 1873 revolver. This was my answer.

Originally posted by Bkell3565 Bkell3565 wrote:

Close enough. It was in 1930 that the Colt Model 1873 revolver was chambered for the .38 Special cartridge and the left side of the barrel was marked COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY .38 SPECIAL. First time COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY was used, 57 years after the introduction of the Colt Model 1873 revolver.
This is Smokpole's answer.
Originally posted by Smokpole Smokpole wrote:

The Cattleman was introduced in 1873. It is the same firearm.
No Colt Model 1873 revolver was ever designated Cattleman. So, Timothy, explain how this answer is correct?
Timothy View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2023 at 11:00am

COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY REVOLVER TRIVIA
In what year was the COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY revolver introduced?

Louis - I was referring to the year 1873 mentioned in smokepole’s response. 
He and I and presumably others took your original question at face value: what year was the colt SAA revolver introduced, and not when the term ‘Single Action Army’ was coined, which is the answer to your second hint question.
T R
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829