Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Club Requests and Member Submissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WW2 Magazines?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WW2 Magazines?
    Posted: Jan 21 2022 at 10:07pm

Hello all new member here. Thank you      I recently came across a sealed unopened 4 pack of magazines from ordinance supply depot Norfolk Va.  labeled 4 M1 carbine type magazines. I have never seen a pack like this before and can not find anything online about it. Any information on this would be appreciated. 

Edited by New2brass - Jan 22 2022 at 11:13am
Corey76 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2022 at 10:21pm

My early Winchester that I got the magazines for.

Edited by New2brass - Jan 22 2022 at 11:13am
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2022 at 6:04am
carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2022 at 9:56am
I don’t recall ever seeing carbine mags packed with that label either. Although I have seen lots of other ordnance stuff packed and labeled just like that. I don’t think that packing is WWII period either. More like mid 1950s.

Those will be WWII mags that were inspected and repacked for storage. Could be used, could be new, could be a brick wrapped in grease paper. Better open it up and let us know what you find.
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2022 at 10:24am
Yeah probably repacked 1948+ ; going with assumption NSC designates Naval Supply Center in Norfolk.
To each their own but would leave in the wrap and find loose ones for shooting purposes.

"
NAVSUP FLC Norfolk was first commissioned in 1919 as a Naval Supply Station."

"
Just eight years after it was established, its assigned functions had grown to such an extent that the station was officially re-designated as a Naval Supply Depot in 1927."

"In 1948, the Navy's largest, most complete supply point was officially established as a Naval Supply Center when the Naval Supply Depot consolidated all supply activities and related functions located within the confines of the Norfolk Naval Station."

"
On March 1, 1993, all Naval Supply Centers and Naval Supply Depots were renamed Fleet and Industrial Supply Centers, and then on July 1, 2011, the name changed to NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Norfolk, to represent a new era in support and service to fleet units and the industrial establishment."

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Happy+Birthday+to+you+...+NAVSUP+FLC+Norfolk+turns+93!-a0295923346
Corey76 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2022 at 10:51am
Thank you for the information very interesting. I think I will probably just leave the contents a mystery wrapped up. Just the history of them and the fact this may be the only one in existence it makes a nice companion to my carbine. 🙂
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2022 at 11:16am
Millions of magazines were repackaged after WW2 and could have been repacked many times after that.
I have seen individually wrapped mags in the green wax cloth that have been refinished.

I have seen several different forms of packaging as well.

Here is a link to a post on NORVA white bag carbines
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image