The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another New Member - Kalifornia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fchaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another New Member - Kalifornia
    Posted: Jan 19 2022 at 8:05pm
Hi everyone, I'm please to be the owner of my first M1 Carbine. Unfortunately since I live in Kalifonia and they choose not to abide by the supreme courts ruling on "cooling off periods" I have to wait a bit to pick it up from the FFL. For now I know its a Saginaw. Got from an estate sale of friends father who had quite the collection. It is in the original box from where he got it. I am looking forward to posting pics so you all can possiblly idenify or at least maybe have some ideas about some number painted on them like arsonal numbers or club numbers or something. 

I'm totally getting the whole mil-surp bug and find these carbines fasinating (also managed to pick up a Norinco SKS, a Romanian M44 and a 1935 Yula 91/30) and will defintely be asking about best ways to preserve and clean these guns up so they last anothr liftime. 

Take care,

Craig
Craig
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2022 at 8:28pm
Welcome to the forum.  I'm convinced once you have it, there is no cure for the "bug".   Best you can hope for is it will go into remission occasionally. Looking forward to seeing some pics.  
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image