Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another scam...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quercus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another scam...
    Posted: Jan 18 2022 at 6:22pm
Was looking to purchase some ammunition. Came across a place with too good to be true prices. 

Looked into it a bit and the address search came up to Zombie Electronics... used to be Gunsmoke Guns and the owner of that place was charged with multiple crimes. A quick Google search of "honor ammo shop" came up with several forums describing it as a similar scam to the other one that I posted. Anyways, don't try to purchase anything from:

Regards,
Quercus
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2022 at 8:29am
First if prices are too good to be true then that's a big red flag.  In addition to Google searches, I look at the reviews on Ammo Seek to see if they appear and what others are saying.  This one isn't listed. I also like to look at Google Street view for their address to see if they have a real store front.  Granted, the street views may be a little dated, but this one is a big ???.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2022 at 9:15am
Reloading is not that difficult. Even at todays cost for tools and supplies, you can still reload for under a quarter. I refuse to pay $1 a round and have to hunt for it at that. You can recoup your initial investment after a few hundred rounds. Screw ‘em all….of course I mean with a flat-point or Phillips head.
Quercus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quercus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2022 at 11:57pm
Hi Floyd,

I've done some reloading and will likely do more in the future, but it's also a time commitment issue. At this stage in my life, I'd rather spend money on ammunition so that I can spend more time with my 2 young boys and my wife. That's worth more than the money to me... besides... it's extra brass for the future. You're right though... I do hate having to hunt for ammunition.  

My posts here in the "Cheers and Jeers" sub-forum were mainly to help folks avoid getting ripped off on firearms and ammunition.  

Regards,
Quercus
 Post Reply Post Reply