Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QHMC 4794514

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QHMC 4794514
    Posted: Jan 05 2022 at 2:49pm
Hello to the membership,

I acquired this original QHMC about a year ago and I'm just getting around to taking a few photos.  I apologize in advance with some of the photos where I zoomed in too much, then when cropped made them even larger.

I couple items of interest are the RSG X'ed marked stock, integrated to Quality which I know is mentioned in a couple CC newsletters, but I could not locate anything about the X'ed EM-Q round bolt. This bolt also has the IQ extractor, T-3 ejector tip and T-1 HS firing pin.

I'm way behind on my data sheets, but if anyone should happen to need a photo of something on this carbine, I might have it on file.

Regards,
James A.

Edited by New2brass - Jan 11 2022 at 3:11pm
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by jangle jangle wrote:

I could not locate anything about the X'ed EM-Q round bolt.

Did you read CCNL 329 on the IBM manufacturers update?
CCNLs 370 and 206 have info as well
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2022 at 3:35pm
I believe it is made by the Elgin Metal Novelty Co. for QHMC. The round bolt was used in the high 4 million serial range which is what you have. As far as the X goes, I'm not positive but it may be a marked bolt sent for testing. Several other makers used an x for bolts sent to be tested. If the bolt was satisfactory the test facility would send it back to be used in a production carbine.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2022 at 3:40pm
my QHMC....4824389.....also sits in a RSG stock, along with a RSG handguard I will check to see if has an X in sling well. Mine also has a type 2 barrel band
love the history
al

update my stock has an O in slingwell along with the RSG....no x on bolt....it is a high wood stock
Al

Edited by sfal7418 - Jan 05 2022 at 4:07pm
jangle View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2022 at 8:16am
Thanks for the info Dan.  
I had looked at QHMC update in CCNL 334, and didn't see anything mentioned there.  I'm familiar with the X bolt and have seen several in EM-B IBM's, just is the first I've seen marked EM-Q for the Quality.
Thanks again.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2022 at 9:59am
Originally posted by sfal7418 sfal7418 wrote:

my QHMC....4824389.....also sits in a RSG stock, along with a RSG handguard I will check to see if has an X in sling well. Mine also has a type 2 barrel band
love the history
al

update my stock has an O in slingwell along with the RSG....no x on bolt....it is a high wood stock
Al

I have two of them myself, one I recently won on eBay and the other came on a GunBroker carbine months or years ago. BTW, the eBay one is nice, with a clear type two only band mark and deeply stamped cartouche.
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2022 at 2:11pm
James, could you add pics of the barrel showing the maker and date if possible? Also, any chance you can post a Data Sheet? I'd like to add this one to the Serial Number Spread Sheets.
JackP
jangle View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2022 at 8:30am
Hello Jack,

Barrel is 1-44 Inland.

Post Reply Post Reply