The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another new kid on the block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davevella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another new kid on the block
    Posted: Jan 02 2022 at 11:43am
Hello Everyone,

I am very happy to have discovered your club. I have only been here for a day or two, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I hope you will bear with me while I learn to navigate my way around.

And now, for my next trick, a letter of introduction letter, of sorts... 

I am not a hard-core collector, but I have always enjoyed shooting, and I've wanted a real carbine ever since my dad gave me that Crossman M1 BB gun. Naturally, since I am a Rock-And-Roll kind of guy, a Rock-Ola carbine seemed to be the most appropriate, as well as being a suitable companion for my other favorite shooter, a Rock Island 1903.

Well, as you can assume, I was wandering around one of our local gun shows, and there before me, as if by magic, appeared the first Rock-Ola carbine I had ever seen with my own two eyes. I should have known better than come to a gun show with a pocket full of cash, I probably paid too much, but what else could I do??

So now I am the happy owner of a Rock-Ola carbine, albeit a refurbished version, with a near perfect National Postal Meter stock, additional cartouche from Fabbrica D´Armi Dell´Esercito Di Terni, and an import stamp from Blue Sky.

As I try to learn more, I suspect I will be leaning on you guys for all of your knowledge and expertise.

Until then... 

Happy New Year !!
Dave
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2022 at 3:29pm
Welcome to the club rock collector.....Just remember this warning. Carbines are like Lays potato chips. One is not enough! And when you get a second, keep them separated. They breed, quickly!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Quietus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quietus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2022 at 7:54pm
Seems like the Blue Sky run of carbines came from Korea only, in the early to mid-80s.  Your FAT stamped stock probably got put on here.  Gun Parts Corp was selling them a couple years ago, maybe still is.  Is it an M2 stock?

It's a nice thing that you found a gun from the maker you wanted.  
rdftwo View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdftwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2022 at 6:27am
Welcome Sir...I am relatively new here too.  I have found New2brass to be very helpful with questions concerning forum posting, function, photos and etiquette. Rocks are cool.
Regards
Aim Small...Miss Small
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2022 at 8:43am
welcome- you have come to the right place…. Rocks as other have said are neat guns. I have a rebuild as well- you would have less cash if you had paid for a non- rebuild! Would love to see some pics.
-Rob
Durango56 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2022 at 9:32am
Welcome to the forum!! My Rockola is a rebuild my Dad got from DCM or NRA back in the sixties. Reciever and I cut RMC stock are all the original parts on it. 
JohnnyDollar View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyDollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2022 at 10:27am
Welcome, I am also fairly new here.

Like you, I am more of a shooter than a collector. 
Lots of great info on this site, lots of knowledgeable folks. 

I picked up my '44 Underwood 'Blue Sky' import carbine back in the 90's, because, 
well they are just cool. 
I had no clue who or what Blue Sky was at the time. 

But it turned out to be a good shooter, which is what I bought it for in the first place. 
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2022 at 10:42am
Welcome and congrats on your Rockola! They are one of my favorite manufacturers, though all have an interesting story... Post up some pictures if you can, there are always things to discover on any rifle.
davevella View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote davevella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2022 at 10:50am
Thanks Guys,

Smokepole, I will keep your advice in mind. Big smile

Quietus, I was pondering that same thing. When I was shopping for a Garand back in the 80's I remember seeing all the Blue Sky Korean imports, so when I researched the FAT stamp, I was surprised to see it was Italian.

Bigheavy31, Here's my first try at uploading, more to follow later.

rdftwo, Durango56, Johnnydollar, Great to meet you !! Looking forward to many interesting conversations.

Dave
JohnnyDollar View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyDollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2022 at 11:14am
Originally posted by davevella davevella wrote:

Thanks Guys,

Smokepole, I will keep your advice in mind. Big smile

Quietus, I was pondering that same thing. When I was shopping for a Garand back in the 80's I remember seeing all the Blue Sky Korean imports, so when I researched the FAT stamp, I was surprised to see it was Italian.

Bigheavy31, Here's my first try at uploading, more to follow later.

rdftwo, Durango56, Johnnydollar, Great to meet you !! Looking forward to many interesting conversations.

Nice.   
Have you shot it yet? 
 Post Reply Post Reply