Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunday Funnies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2023 at 7:55pm
Floyd,
Shame of it was, It was a Inland 2,9 mil in a Type II stock with intact CC, WSI Flip, Type I barrel band, Inland no date barrel.... etc. Was Outside pictures only, which showed the late Op Slide and parked bolt. But along with the Numrich stamps there was a Boxed: RIA over EK stamp. Sold for $1,550.00 plus $40.00 shipping plus any other fees on GB or at home. I've been wanting a Inland in the 2 mil range to check that box and was getting interested until I seen the left side of that stock. I hate seeing stocks ruined like this. Still thought about bidding but the stamps soured my taste for it.  

Charlie-Painter777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2024 at 11:07am
This must be a really rare 23-7, hope it comes with a few carbines for that price!

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2024 at 12:10pm
Is that a CMP reprint? LOL
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2024 at 10:15am
At first I thought this was a case of inflation at work! I see the seller lowered the price to 14.99 now - someone better snap up this reprint at 99.75% deflation ;)
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2024 at 10:59pm
This should really be a Sunday Not so Funny since some poor soul paid $6325 for it. Here are just a couple of the 98 pictures in the listing. 

"OMG! WW2 5-1943 U.S. Inland "1st TYPE" M1A1 PARATROOPER Carbine! 99% COND!"

"The FINEST! 100% GENUINE WW2 M1A1 on the MARKET!"

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2024 at 6:50pm
That is just plain disgusting!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2024 at 7:08pm
Above M1A1Seller is Clauss-FCR
Has anyone ever looked at his Seller and Buyer Feedback?
The Bidding on this M1A1 looks Shady but that aside, who ever won it likely may never see it.

And if your Selling I'd advise you Block Clauss-FCR and save your self a potential nightmare.

GB Member since 4-8-2019
Clauss-FCR

Ouch

Charlie-P777
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2024 at 8:46am
Wayne, you forgot the picture of the "F" on the FRONT of the grip, Ordnance failed the correction!

I have seen sellers with negative feedback, what I do not think is every seeing so many B, C, and D reviews.
It would seem that seller rating does not drop proportionately to the review letter class.
Several had posted to please remove the seller.

You can buy that label"100 Top Sellers". There are more than 100.

GB and Maths Wacko

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2024 at 6:47pm
Below is the description of a Hammer Spring listed on ebay.

M1 Carbine New Hammer Spring US Government Models Free Shipping

Made in the USA! Here we have a NEW, hammer spring for the M1 Carbine rifles as issued by the US Military. This fits models manufactured for the military by firms such as Winchester, Inland, Rockola, etc.. Please note that these will NOT work with Universal carbines. If you experience light strikes with your US M1, then replacing this spring will usually resolve the problem.
Not sure which M1 you have?  If your carbine has a single recoil spring, then you have an original US Government issued carbine.  If it has two recoil springs, then you have an aftermarket Universal M1.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
PingCMP View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingCMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2024 at 12:37am
Price? Wink
Charlie
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2024 at 8:58am
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Below is the description of a Hammer Spring listed on ebay.

M1 Carbine New Hammer Spring US Government Models Free Shipping

Made in the USA! Here we have a NEW, hammer spring for the M1 Carbine rifles as issued by the US Military. This fits models manufactured for the military by firms such as Winchester, Inland, Rockola, etc.. Please note that these will NOT work with Universal carbines. If you experience light strikes with your US M1, then replacing this spring will usually resolve the problem.
Not sure which M1 you have?  If your carbine has a single recoil spring, then you have an original US Government issued carbine.  If it has two recoil springs, then you have an aftermarket Universal M1.

Don't laugh. I saw some "gunsmith" on Youtube whining his cheap USGI Carbine stock wasn't fitting his "new" Carbine, I had to post that he clearly had a Gen 3 Universal and sugggested he should research before he whines 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2024 at 9:02am
So this was made by Universal in 1942?

painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2024 at 8:30pm
Been a tough start to March for Sellers trying to collect from Clauss-FCR.
Click on Claus-FCR's Feedback as a Buyer for March 7, 5 and 2

Guy really should be banned.
Also don't see any Feedback left by the Buyer of the M1A1 for Clauss, but Clauss left it for the buyer after getting home from the bank!

Charlie-P777
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011