Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Local Show Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local Show Report
    Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 11:41am
Local Hattiesburg, MS show. Found three carbines of interest and two post-war complete stocks. Stocks were nothing-special, potbellies with the metal asking $40 for either set. One Inland arsenal rebuild asking $1500. Nice clean carbine priced at the retail top I think. Now…..found two Inland M1A1’s on different dealers tables. Looked good and all there to me. One ask $3325 and the other $3300. If I had been in the market for an A1, prolly could have came home with one of these for less.

That’s it, all the carbines there. One arsenal rebuilt M1 and two A1’s.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 6:32pm
Thanks floyd, glad to know I didn't miss much. I have FOMO big time when i am unable to attend a show. Another question, how much of a detraction of value is an arsenal rebuild to a carbine? I know it is not a "fixed" value, but what is your best approximation?
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2021 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Rebel92 Rebel92 wrote:

Another question, how much of a detraction of value is an arsenal rebuild to a carbine? I know it is not a "fixed" value, but what is your best approximation?

The answer to that could be all over the place. Some enthusiast collect the arsenal rebuild configurations because it should have the better versions of the component types. Ordnance did not specify changes to save money (maybe to save time in some cases), but to improve the component. Surely enough at todays collector-grade prices, the difference could easily be 25-30 percent or more depending just what collector-grade original carbine your comparing it to. 

Let me say b4 both of us get beat up…..the arsenal rebuild is still a carbine…😁.
 Post Reply Post Reply