Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Club Requests and Member Submissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AMCO and Global Arms History

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quanjito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMCO and Global Arms History
    Posted: Nov 20 2021 at 4:39am
The History Behind these companies are rather long reaching. AMCO is still in service and is a quasi government and private enterprise. Started in the early 1950's in Venezuela as a joint oil and arms venture under a Former Colonel. I will try to locate the paperwork with is name. Amco had several subsidiaries, it was not Global Arms, although this may be on M1 carbines, the actual company name was Arms Global Inc. Based out of Caracas but allowed to Operate in Florida as an import Export Company whose purpose started out exporting munitions to Venezuela. After the Cuban Revolution when Castro came into power, Some time and Energy on Venezuelas side was to arm Batista with the blessing of the CIA. This included finding American weapons which included rewelded and machined M1 carbine rifles. They also dealt alot in Grease Guns, Sten Guns, and M1903 Sniper rifles. But as time went on and Cuba developed good relations or at least a livable relationship with the South American Country, the arms were eventually re-diverted all throughout Central and South America. The company would get into trouble with the US throughout the years, it helped provide weapons to the communists in Central America in the eighties. It would eventually become a heavy player in Drugs and even in the Mid 2015's had some of its facilities raided by the DEA for drug precursors. I do believe that it import export licenses were revoked by the state department in the mid-eighties for arms, although they have imported and exported tons of heavy machinery throughout the years. AMCO and Arms Global dealt with numerous parts and FFL's throughout Florida by using "AGENTS", US citizens who worked for them who would get people to reweld receivers, make receivers, and purchase firearms in bulk for their export business. In the 1960's and 1970's, there were at least twenty companies in Hialeah Florida that were rewelding and building guns without licenses for other companies that had Manafacturer licenses. They also purchased large sums of gun parts through Ads in all of the usual suspects, Shotgun News, American Riflesman Etc. and made many contacts. I know of at least five different individuals who dealt with them directly throughout the sixties. But today, they are little more than just glorified drug runners.
I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees,

Zappata
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2021 at 10:21am
The Global Arms in FL wasn't the same company as the one who made the commercial carbines with the name of Global Arms on the receiver. The one in FL was also incorporated in Central America. They went out of business a couple years ago.

The AMCO who made commercial carbine receivers was a machine shop in Hialeah in the late 50's and early 60's. Their receivers were rejected by Universal firearms. Used by Bullseye after Universal separated from them. Also used by whoever Global Arms was. Who used barrels from MOCO.

I'm not familiar with the AMCO involved in surplus parts. I'm very familiar with AMCO the machine shop. Also very familiar with Global Arms in FL/Central America. I have copies of the lawsuits in Central America that ended their company. We still don't know who the Global Arms was who put the commercial carbines together with their name.

The names kinda make it like a "whose on 1st".

Tanks much

Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image