The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone seen the matching receiver? 6290500?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone seen the matching receiver? 6290500?
    Posted: Oct 09 2021 at 11:23pm

I have a Rock-ola in this clean likely Bavarian/ Austrian returned stock- based on parts/serial is an Inland. Looks like possible Bavarian Rural Police based on serial number marking on the recoil plate, recoil screw, recoil band retainer, and slide. Sad that such a nice gun was likely stripped. Wondering if anyone out there has seen this receiver?

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2021 at 3:30pm
Neat stock, the Germans took stamping to the extreme in some cases... Even the recoil plate screw on this one. I don't think I've ever seen that stamped before, or for that matter the band spring.
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2021 at 3:15pm
what’s the top of the receiver look like? A Bavarian would be marked “Bavaria Rural police, Game Warden, Border Police, or what ever it was. A lot of them were scrubbed but it’s clear scrubbing where it was marked. I have a German return NPM that kept it flip sight and Type I barrel band, but the rest was mismatched and had been blued. It also sports a German made handguard and German made butt plate. Nothing on mine was marked out of the ordinary with the S/N
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2021 at 10:53pm
I wish I knew what the original Inland receiver looks like- based on condition of the metal and stock- is likely nice. I have another carbine that sounds similar to your gun- is a German police gun- but not from Bavaria. It has many of its earlier parts, and has an overall black oxide finish. 
 Post Reply Post Reply