Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

German Railroad Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickatnite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: German Railroad Carbine
    Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 7:28am
Morning Folks,

Opportunity to purchase:

I wanted to check with the knowledgeable masses regarding an M1 National Postal Meter Carbine marked with German Railway Police? Would this be a good selection?

Thanks..........

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/6686/RECEIVER_WITH_RAILWAY_POLICE.jpg

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/6686/RAILWAY_POLICE.jpg

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/6686/REAR_SIGHT_AND_SERIAL_NUMBER.jpg

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/6686/FRONT_SIGHT_BARREL_STAMP.jpg

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/6686/FLAT_BOLT_PIC.jpg

Edited by New2brass - Sep 10 2021 at 10:17am
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 7:54am
Could be mistaken but I don't recall seeing any with that marking come up on auction from the CMP returns. I consider them a rarer variant and would jump on it if the condition and pricing line up. There's at least one in the Bavarian Armory on this site. Bavarians are some of my favorites. What other encouragement do you need
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 10:46am
There were 2 Railway Police marked Bavarian returns that we know of. Stuttgart and Nuremberg.
we are looking for pictures of the latter.
If it is marked anything else we would be interested in hearing what marking and pictures

nickatnite7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickatnite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 11:11am
I just purchased the Railway Police Stuttgart. I could not find as to the scaricity of them?

Thanks
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by nickatnite7 nickatnite7 wrote:

I just purchased the Railway Police Stuttgart.

Congrats! Now post some pictures.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Trepang View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trepang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 6:54pm
Very very cool!!

Pics please.
USN Retired
Two types of ships: Submarines & Targets
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickatnite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 7:01pm

I am awaiting an opportunity to get some time to properly take pictures that will look clear when posted! I have seen the fuzzy out of focus look, terrible! I now work at a hospital part time and volunteer onboard a Victory ship doing tours. Always something going on it seems.

I will post some nice ones for you guys!!
Quietus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quietus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 10:45pm
"Victory ship":  that piqued my interest and I had to read up on that class.  Had not heard of them until tonight.  Thanks for that.  

I have a German-used carbine from the Bavarian Forestry Police.  Yours seems to be on the rare side.  
HammerGrunt View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 11:01pm
I also live in Tampa and would be happy to assist you with taking quality clear closeups of your awesome find. Let me know if you'd like to link up. Just sent you a Private Message as well...

The SS American Victory ship in Tampa is an iconic piece of US Naval Commerce and Wartime transport history :-)
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2021 at 12:07am

I just purchased the Railway Police Stuttgart. I could not find as to the scaricity of them?

Thanks

I first became aware of the German Railway Police carbines when I found and purchased one (Inland 744979) that had been recently imported by Century Arms from Guatemala (2008).

More info and pics can be found here:

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/odd-markings_topic2858.html

I know of only 1 other, spotted by a CMP armorer among the returns from Austria. It was marked Nurnberg Railway Police (German version of Nuremberg).

Researching the history of the Railway Police during the Occupation I learned they received very few carbines and only had them for a couple years. I was unable to find the quantities they were issued or a list of the locations where they were used. They were only issued to the Railway Police offices of the major rail yards in the American Occupation Zone in Germany.

I sold mine a couple years ago. To one of our members here.

Jim

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickatnite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 8:28am
How do you upload yours pictures for the post reply?

Thanks.......
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 8:44am

How do you upload yours pictures for the post reply?

Thanks.......

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/Forum/pictures-tips-sizing-and-posting-avatars_topic1083.html
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickatnite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 8:51am
I attempting to uploaded (with assistance from GotSnB28) the photos of my M1,
"Railway Police Stuttgart". Still having issues......

Enter the web address of the image??

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 9:12am
Once you've sized and uploaded using the file manager, see the "New Shortcut" section. Use the "uploads/" path.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2021 at 10:26am
Pictures added tot he first post.
Nickatnight7 reports that it appears to have all NPM parts except the Inland (HI) hammer, Stock (IO) and the T3 barrel band and adjustable rear sight.

The barrel band, rear sight, and the mag catch would be replacements. If the safety is a flip type that would also have been replaced.
The HI hammer had been observed in NPM carbines in that range, so the hammer may be original to that carbine.

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickatnite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2021 at 12:13pm
Thank to New2brass, I have my photos posted. I guess my second grade education wasn't enough to figure out how to upload photo's?? Well, I very much appreciate the assist from New2brass!!

Oh yes, the barrel MW is a 2.

Thanks.................
 Post Reply Post Reply