Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Werle M1 Carbine Caliber.7,62 Tokarev

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Werle M1 Carbine Caliber.7,62 Tokarev
    Posted: Aug 23 2021 at 4:03pm
Hi Guys,

Found a rebuild M1 carbine for sale on Egun  in Germany and thought I share it with you
Sorry when I post it in the wrong group.

Werle manufacture M1 Carbine, caliber 7.62 Tokarev
total length 90,5, barrel length 45cm

Here is another unique rifle from the collection of the unfortunately deceased, well-known master gunsmith Herbert Werle in Dudenhofen who was known for his unique, partly curious conversions and combinations of different weapons.

Gas pressure loader, adjustable rear sight for 4 distances, pressure point trigger, safety on trigger guard, removable 10-shot magazine
walnut stock with stock aperture &steel stock cap 
Barrel new, phosphate finish 99%, stock very good
With government proof.

This guy made a lot of conversions,

https://www.waffen-werle.de

https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=14485877#img

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2021 at 6:28pm
Looks like part of the left bolt lug has been machined away.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2021 at 6:39pm
The 7.62x25 is surely a decent candidate for a conversion, but like most other ammo, prices are out of reach. When Tok was available for under 10-cents a round in some places, it would have been a fun gun. My partner-in-crime 03man got a little farther along with a Tok conversion than I did. We developed a 9mm conversion that has worked out very well. 9mm is still “relatively” cheaper than 7.62x25 or 30-carbine and ammo is once again semi-plentiful. 

Had ammo remained at low prices, we probably would have pursued the Tok conversion. I don’t know how far along Don got with it, but I think it’s benched for the time being. You can upload 9x19 to do as much or more than a 7.62x25 will do and I shoot mine often, very often. Magazines for 9mm are also much easier to construct.
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2021 at 8:42pm
Now that is indeed unique and very special.
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2021 at 11:14pm
He did a beautiful job.

Pics below are from his website, Waffen Werle. Don't know how much longer it will be online so historically worth documenting. People on this side of the Atlantic will wonder why, given the value of the Luger. Why doesn't matter, it simply is.

There is a video of it being fired on YouTube.

www.waffen-werle.de/Prototype Luger M1 Carbine.htm
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2021 at 4:40am
Enthusiast often do things just to see if it can be done. Mister Werle was a master at it, but here is a 9MM Luger 100% USGI M1 carbine that runs on the same ammo you can shoot in your handgun. A Luger pistol was never sacrificed and it uses USGI magazines. 9MM ammo, even at this point in the crisis, cost about 1/2 the price of 7.62 x 33 and it's a hand loaders delight.

Post Reply Post Reply