The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new to sight from Massachusetts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Cartwright SASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to sight from Massachusetts
    Posted: Jun 05 2021 at 7:26am
I stumbled on this sight while researching peoples opinions on the Midway Carbines for sale.

I collect Boston Police guns ( http://www.bpdguns.com ) and have always been trying to find one of the M1 Carbines they had during the 70's riots, but we don't know if they were marked BPD.

I have been getting rid of my full size rifles as at my age carbines are easier to hand hold. I have two M1 Carbines both Winchester and both from CMP 1st bought in 2009  133xxxx and the second in 2016 121xxxx

I am agonizing over whether to try for one of the Midway Rockola's or Quality Hardware in Fine no bayonet lug.

I had sold about 15 guns thinking to get a new Canon Mirrorless R5 ( my photo site http://www.jeffpadell.com )  but am sticking with my 5DIV and am thinking of one of the Carbines.
I realize they are expensive but I like the provenance, the paper trail and story behind them

What do people think about them? 

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

Commander Spock "sometime having is not so pleasing as wanting"
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image