The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notime1794 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Owner
    Posted: Apr 27 2021 at 10:08am
Hello,
           I just recently acquired this carbine. It has been in the family for many years. It was purchased by my Dad through an NRA ( ? ) program in the mid to late 60's. From the research I have done so far it is was built in the Saginaw S'G' facility in 1943 has many Irwin Pedersen marked parts along with the S'G'
marked parts. The Receiver marking is Stamped Saginaw S'G' and it has an Underwood Barrel stamped 8/43. It also looks like it went through an Augusta Arsenal rebuild where it was restocked an updated with trigger spring, hammer, rear sight, and type 3 barrel band bayonet lug. I am still working on filling out the data sheet.
Looking forward to learning more about it. 
Thanks
TooManyHobbies
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2021 at 11:35am
Welcome from a fellow S'G' owner.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2021 at 1:48pm
Welcome aboard!
Semper Fi, Bruce
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2021 at 2:00pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

JackP
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2021 at 2:06pm
Welcome, we hope you visit and post often. There is much to learn here.
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2021 at 5:43pm
Welcome- looks like a nice S’G’. I have the DCM/ NRA QHMC carbine my grandfather bought in ‘63. Definitely more special with the family connection! Let see some more pics if you would like to share.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2021 at 6:58pm
Welcome to the nuthouse!

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply