The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APD642 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: Mar 14 2021 at 6:05pm
Hello everyone, my name is Lee.  What a fantastic information source.  I have owned an 8-43 Inland since the early nineties, and I am impatiently waiting on my new Fulton to arrive.  My Dad started off with an M1 Garand but later on he ended up with a Carbine while serving in the Pacific.  He always said the Carbine was his favorite, and it did not take long for me to see why after getting mine.  Its great to find a group of people who appreciate these rifles today, and thank you for letting me join.  

Sincerely,
Lee
LT
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2021 at 7:19pm
welcome- the group is an amazing information source!
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2021 at 9:23pm
Welcome to the forum! From what I have read the Fulton's are about the best commercial production carbine you can buy. If you don't mind me asking, what's the reason for going new production?
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2021 at 9:48pm
Welcome to the nut house!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
APD642 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APD642 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2021 at 6:11am
Beside being a collectors piece, the Carbine is our home self defense and general purpose rifle.  Everyone in the family including the grand kids find it easy to handle, instinctive to use, and are competent with it.  But like many, the wife and I are getting to that point where the bifocals and trifocals are creating a problem with sights especially peep sights.  So, its time for some modern technology . Yes, I could have gotten an aftermarket handguard pic rail or simply use a more modern gun.  But, I do not want to change this vintage rifle at all.  As a home self defense gun, GOD forbid if it ever has to be used for that, I also do not want some govt officials deciding when or if my family or I get back this or any other antique I hope to pass down to my kids.  There are certainly more modern rifles that are cheaper that will fill the roll, but they do not check all of my boxes so to speak.  Not to get into a one is better than the other debate, we have some experience with others and found for us the Carbine is the best choice even if it is old fashion to some today and more expensive.  Brand wise, I decided on the Fulton because of reputation and mil spec parts.  Plus, maybe there will be less fighting among the kids over the Carbine with two of them when I kick the bucket.

Edited by APD642 - Mar 15 2021 at 7:00am
LT
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2021 at 7:02am
Makes sense to me to go with the platform everyone is most comfortable with. I'd say the same rings true for me, it's the rifle I'm most comfortable shooting and certainly the one I shoot the most. Let us know how that Fulton shoots when it arrives!
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2021 at 4:43am
Welcome to the forum.  It's a great bunch of folks.  
 Post Reply Post Reply