The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from Florida

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobg10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from Florida
    Posted: Mar 02 2021 at 8:09pm
Hi All:
I am a new member but I have been lurking on this site for about a year.  I have a mixmaster Winchester carbine made 1943-1944 I believe,  serial number 11287XX.  The receiver and its components are all Winchester along with the barrel.  I purchased this carbine in 1966 for $30 from my Grandfather that owned a part time gun store in Ashland, Ky.  It is a beauty and was refitted with a bayonet lug marked AI and an adjustable rear sight marked PI.  The blued recoil plate is marked SG with a blued bolt and the front sight is a RIA.  The walnut stock is marked S-HB and the handguard is marked R.S.G.  The butplate is a Standard Products.
I will complete the data sheet and submit soon.  I will also post photos after the second coat of BLO is dry.
I have been collecting various firearms since the 1960’s and have learned a lot about Carbines from member posts and the info. on the forum.  Still lots to learn.  
A couple of questions please:  Is the blued SG recoil plate unusual since it is not parkerized but I believe is the original blueing?  Also, could this carbine have been refurbished at the RIA?
Thanks for all your help!
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2021 at 10:03pm
Welcome to the forum. Pictures please....
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply