Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbine Magazine question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirgknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbine Magazine question
    Posted: Feb 25 2021 at 9:07pm
Are there mags that have a stop on the follower that allows the bolt to lock in the open position after last round is ejected?  If so, which mags?  Can just a follower be a replacement without replacing the whole mag?

NOTICE:  you might know that I found the answer as soon as I made this post.  So, have any of you modified your own followers?  Also, who makes mags with the stop feature?
314th Air Division
20th Tactical Air Support Sqdn
RVN 67-68 & 68-69
Personal and Up 'Close Air Support'
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2021 at 10:10pm
Hello- the Korean aftermarket mags- KCI I believe- have the follower to hold the bolt open. These are better sacrificial shooter magazines overall, and they have worked well for me.
sirgknight View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirgknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Bigheavy31 Bigheavy31 wrote:

Hello- the Korean aftermarket mags- KCI I believe- have the follower to hold the bolt open. These are better sacrificial shooter magazines overall, and they have worked well for me.

Well thank goodness....I just ordered three KCI mags from J & G sales.  Just took a chance that they had the stop followers. 
314th Air Division
RVN 67-68 & 68-69
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2021 at 8:41am
If you want 30 rounders, these have a bolt stop follower. Currently out of stock but you can get on the email notification.
sirgknight View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirgknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by sling00 sling00 wrote:

If you want 30 rounders, these have a bolt stop follower. Currently out of stock but you can get on the email notification.

Thank You!
314th Air Division
RVN 67-68 & 68-69
 Post Reply Post Reply