Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun show today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun show today
    Posted: Feb 21 2021 at 12:12pm
Went to the Berea Ohio gun show this morning. It was pretty disappointing. There were around half a dozen commercial carbines for sale and 2 USGI carbines. The commercials were plainfields and universals. The 2 GI carbines were a sporterized beyond restoration Winchester that the guy wanted $1299 for, and a nice arsenal rebuilt I.B.M. for $1300. I didn't bother asking about the IBM since I already have a nice one in my collection. Beyond that there were a bunch of foreign made M4 bayonets and one very nice Imperial M4 in an M8A1 scabbard. The Imperial was $135. It was probably a good buy at that price, but I just wasn't in to it today. US WWII stuff was scarce there and most of it was overpriced. There were around half a dozen M1 Garands and about the same number of 03-a3s.  Overall, it was nice to go to a show, but the only money I spent was for breakfast at McDs and the $7 entry fee. OGCA is coming up next month so I'll just save my $ for that.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2021 at 3:36pm
I'm hearing our local gun - knife show will start back up March 26, 27, 28. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
I can only imagine the prices....

On another note, A friend of my Wife needs some .22 so to not disrupt my current supply I stopped by a Dunhams store the other day and to no surprise there were 6 boxes of 10 guage steel shot..... Nothing else on a ~24' wide ammo rack with multiple shelves... It looked like post Apocalypse.  

Along the way back home I stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods. Parked out in the boondocks, hiked my way thru the bottom level and headed upstairs. Their Guns and Ammo section is in the farthest point you can get to from the front door. As I came around the last aisle I thought I seen a few tumble weeds roll by. There was1 guy behind the counter and all the gun racks and shelves 100% empty. He told me that 2 weeks prior Corporate had decided to pull all gun and ammo sales. As I left looking at sports teams jerseys and hats I realized this would be my last trip there. That clerk was trying to fill the racks and display cabinets with Fishing rods and reels.

Before getting all the way home I asked my Wife to call our nearest Walmart. Shortly she called me back saying they were only selling BB and Pellets.

Once back in town I stopped in our local True Value hardware for a few things. While there they started stocking .22 boxes of 50 Rem and CCI. When asked they said no limit. I bought what she was after... 200 rds @ $7.00 per 50. I left the rest for the next worthy seeker.

Corporate America my A$$. Spend your money local when you can.

JMO
Living Free because of those that serve.....
 Post Reply Post Reply