The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is This a Winchester Type II Trigger Housing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quibbley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is This a Winchester Type II Trigger Housing?
    Posted: Jan 31 2021 at 7:39pm
I am currently in the process of completing the data sheet for an Ethiopian imported carbine, Inland, that I purchased earlier this year. It has been rebuilt at least a few times. I would classify the condition as Very Good. The replacement stock shows only minor storage marks and I would estimate the parkerized finished to be around 90%. While the rifle is a mixture of parts, it ought to be a good shooter.

I have a few questions about the trigger housing. I have, what I believe to be, a Winchester Type II trigger housing. I have a couple of questions. Here are the trigger housing characteristics:

1. All milled. Stamped W.
2. Beveled rear lug.
3. Not beveled between the two front uprights (where the Trigger Housing Pin passes through).
4. Wide rear mag wall.
5. The hole in the rear of the trigger housing that accommodates the Hammer Spring and it's plunger is not counter bored/recessed.
6. No oiler hole.

However, the two channels in the rear mag wall are not milled out completely from top to bottom like I see in the vast majority of trigger housing photos (see the red arrows in the second pic). The two channels are only milled in the bottom portion of the mag well. Is this correct for a Winchester Type II trigger housing?

The hole in the rear of the trigger housing that accommodates the Hammer Spring and it's plunger is not counter bored/recessed. Is this correct for a Winchester Type II trigger housing?

I am thinking the trigger housing in a Winchester Type II, but I just wanted to get another opinion before indicating this on my data sheet.

Thanks,

Quibbley
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2021 at 8:01pm
Are you sure there is now counter bore for the spring? It's a type 2 but it should have a counter bore.
Quibbley View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quibbley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2021 at 8:40pm
Hi kro1970 - You are correct. It is counterbored. I had not disassembled the trigger group earlier and in the assembled state it did not look like it was counterbored. I have disassembled the trigger group now and I can see where it is counterbored. Thanks responding so quickly. I will list the trigger housing as a Type II on the data sheet. 
Quibbley
 Post Reply Post Reply