The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks for letting me join the site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raj5132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks for letting me join the site
    Posted: Jan 23 2021 at 9:43pm
Hi, just joined the site. Initially did this as a way to get CMP eligibility. Looking thru the list of clubs and this one struck a resonant chord as my first time shooting a rifle was a M1 carbine at about 4 yrs old. We started young in my family. My dad recently let me have that rifle to keep. I had always thought it was a surplus WW2 rifle but your site and the incredible information it contains has allowed me to better understand the history behind the rifle. It was a Universal sub 100,000 S/N so it is still somewhat linked but not in the way I had always thought. Not sure i will use this to get CMP eligibility but will definitely enjoy reading about this incredible rifle and its place in our history.

For the more mundane side, I am located in Morehead City, NC but originally form Bristol, VA. I think in the initial click fest thru the site I noticed that the original newsletter said Salem, VA but now cannot find where i saw that to confirm. If I am correct another small link as my parents moved there after I left the nest. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2021 at 10:01am
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2021 at 12:05pm
Yup! Welcome to the nut house! 
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2021 at 1:12pm
Welcome to the forum from New Mexico!
JackP
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2021 at 1:24pm
Welcome to the forum, I know Morehead City well, nice place with some pretty good gun shops.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2021 at 3:59pm
Thanks for joining Clap

Now your hunt begins for a USGI M1 Carbine.....
Whether you know it or not, it will happen.

Welcome from snowy lower central Michigan

Charlie-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2021 at 5:50pm
Welcome to the party. All 30 carbines are fun to own and shoot. But, as others mention, you need to add a USGI one to your collection.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2021 at 8:44am
Bristol, VA huh?  You're almost a Tennessean.  Welcome to the forum.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2021 at 10:00am
Welcome.

But an individual I heard pronounced it Mo-hay City.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
 Post Reply Post Reply