Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All original underwood M1 carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevo666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2021 at 5:00am
Since I've found this gun I have had so much joy in looking up the history and the gun markings.
Here is another photo I found in a book. If you google: Camp American at CALAS,,,,you will see some very good photos of the camp and the history of it. I don't know the value of the gun or how rear it is?? I'm ex- military meself and I would love to see this weapon make its way back home to the good old U.S of A.

Edited by Kevo666 - Jan 19 2021 at 7:18am
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2021 at 10:48am
Very nice Underwood, in its "natural habitat" too. Interesting it has the circle P on the bottom of the pistol grip and that barrel date. I'll keep that in mind the next time I see an Underwood for sale with that combination.
Kevo666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevo666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2021 at 11:37am
Hello pal,
Could you please tell me how much this weapon is worth?
I've not seen an original underwood M1 on the Internet so I don't know how rear they are.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2021 at 4:17pm
You will get a variety of answers on the value but it should be somewhere between $ 1250 and $1500 US. In a good auction, it could go for even more.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Kevo666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevo666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2021 at 3:02am
Thanks for the reply on the value of the M1. I'll look into getting the weapon on an auction site,I'm ex- military and I feel that this M1 needs some help in making it's way back home after all these years. 
Any ideas and help on this task I'm on is much appreciated.

"La diable marche avec nous"

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2021 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Smokpole Smokpole wrote:

You will get a variety of answers on the value but it should be somewhere between $ 1250 and $1500 US. In a good auction, it could go for even more.

Only in America would that be a valid value. Considerably less every where else in the world. 
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12