Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: QHMC Trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: QHMC Trigger
    Posted: Jan 17 2021 at 3:47pm
I am looking the following:

Early QHMC Trigger: Marked Q-LT  

Edited by Nevinator - Feb 19 2021 at 6:17pm
Retired First Sergeant, U.S. Army
Retired LEO
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2021 at 8:45pm
QHMC never used a type 1 plunger.....
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2021 at 8:19am
Thank you for passing along this information; I wasn’t aware of that and when thinking through the timeline, it makes perfect sense.  QHMC started production late in comparison to some other companies and the Type 2 plunger was already being used elsewhere.  

For a minute I thought I could cross the plunger off my list, however, I went back and reviewed the COM in CCNL 266 and sure enough, it has a Type 1 plunger.  So maybe the plunger in the COM was wrong, and maybe not.  The jury is still out IMO.

From a mechanical standpoint, using a Type 2 plunger makes perfect sense since the rifle does have (and used) a Type 3 Extractor.  As you probably know, the type 2 plunger was designed to fit into the flat lip on the extractor.

For the time being, I’ll leave the type 2 plunger in the rifle.  If I can score a Type 1 plunger, I’ll keep it as a backup in the event that some future dialogue on this topic convinces me to install the earlier part.

Thanks, again!
Retired First Sergeant, U.S. Army
Retired LEO
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply