Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

opinions on these WRA sights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2021 at 7:05pm
The front sight the OP shows has a  blade that appears to have never been filed. yet refinished.
If RIA then it would have never been on a carbine.
I think I see a cast line on the top. It may be foreign or commercial.
Would have been nice to see a pic from the top.

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by palmettopilot palmettopilot wrote:

Charlie, 

I appreciate your vigilance and taking the time to instruct me. Those parts are on their way back and I'll hold out for authentic parts. I appreciate each and every one of you that took the time to reply to me. Thank you. 

If you bought it from someone who sells history, he sells fake flips as real and gets pissed when you instruct him his sight is a fake.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2021 at 9:27pm
@Ten,
He bought frt sight and flip from George. Both already on their way back to him!
And he who sells history has a current Miss-Described auction that could benefit our OP here.

Remember he also sells as mmtheknife_0
But he gets confused sometimes and signs off at the end of these descriptions as Mike mmtheknife_0 or Mikesellshistory.

Just beware of the orange background and his items coming from Tucson, AZ.

@Dan,
I believe all RIA frt sights were milled. That's why the sight shows it was blasted to remove the RIA Stamp, then refinished..... Oh and a L stamped in it.  

Cast sights will have the outside rear beveled shelf at the back. The Casting line will run like string run around the sight from pin hole around to pin hole. Sometimes showing the molds parting line on the flat also. CCNL #32 shows some good details and the chart that JB Powers put together from the bushel examination is really helpful, especially the markings, sight blade number heights and the explanation about the rear bevels being inside or outside...... Something I'd never noted before.

IMO all should read CCNL #32 if they haven't already.

Ch-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12