The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeke75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 5:02pm
I bought my M1 carbine back in 2006. Because it was a Winchester I paid 1100 dollars for it and new I was probably paying too much for it. I think I shot it once and put it in my safe and it sat there until recently. After watching some ytube segments on how to verify that my M1 was indeed a complete Winchester gun I decided to investigate. I have been a part time gunsmith so I had no reservations about completely disassembling the gun. The following parts were determined to be Winchester. I new the receiver was Winchester when I bought it. Recoil lug, barrel, slide, trigger housing, hammer, sear, trigger, bolt, extractor, firing pin, magazine release, safety, and bayonet band. I’m fairly confident the stock is Winchester but I still need to verify that. It is a very late production gun and is in excellent condition.
The reason I joined the club was to fill out and submit a data sheet for my M1 and learn anything else I can about my M1.
Happy to be a member 
Zeke75
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 5:17pm
Welcome to the forum.  You are in the right place to find out about your carbine.  Pictures go a long way in helping identify what u have. 
Zeke75 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zeke75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 5:30pm
Thanks I do have some pictures of the parts I have identified as Winchester. I will post them and a picture of the gun also. Need to learn how to do that first.
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 8:18pm
Welcome Zeke, Handshake
If needed we may be able to help ID your stock.
Looking forward to seeing it.

How did you find us ?

Just curious,
Charlie-Painter777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
Zeke75 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zeke75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2021 at 7:26am
will post some pictures of the gun and individual parts in the future. I was watching some videos by Norwich93, I believe that is his handle, and decided to get the data sheet for my M1. That brought me to the club. There is such a wealth of information on the M1 so I’m looking forward to investigating mine.
Thanks for your post 
Zeke75
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by 1st M1 88 1st M1 88 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.  You are in the right place to find out about your carbine.  Pictures go a long way in helping identify what u have. 

Hear hear!  Welcome!
Retired 11B View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired 11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 7:19pm
Zeke, welcome to the forum
Larry
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 7:34pm
Zeke, welcome to the forum. We look forward to photos of your Winchester.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image