The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from VA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired 11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from VA
    Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 10:25am
Thank you for the acceptance to the site.  In the last two months I have picked up two carbines and wanted to talk to others who have them and get a better understanding of them.

My father gave me a Universal M1 which he has had for a number of years.  From my inspection of it, the only issue I see is some light rusting on the barrel.  

My second M1 was from the widow of my neighbor.  At first I thought it was a Winchester(pure).  But after looking through the threads here and on other sites I see that is far from my first impression.  

I will find the location for adding descriptions and pics later on today.  And if anyone could direct me to a location (if there is one) where I can discuss Garands and broom handle mausers I would appreciate it.

I am sure I will have plenty of questions, hopefully I can add some answers as well.  

Take care and have a safe and Happy New Year.

Larry

Larry
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 10:41am
Hi Larry and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

Happy New Year to you too!
JackP
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 11:03am
Welcome to the forum.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jangle View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 11:54am
Welcome Larry.
To post your other WWII firearms etc., click on the "general discussion" category, then click on "other WWII firearms".  Post your questions and photos there.  Look forward to seeing them.
Retired 11B View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired 11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by jangle jangle wrote:

Welcome Larry.
To post your other WWII firearms etc., click on the "general discussion" category, then click on "other WWII firearms".  Post your questions and photos there.  Look forward to seeing them.

Jangle,

Thank you for the information.
Larry
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 12:32pm
Welcome from Cleveland, OH. You will find the guys here very knowledgeable and helpful with any M1 Carbine related questions. 
shadycon View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shadycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 4:11pm
Hi from the BRPkwy..........Thumbs Up
M1's are FUN!!!
TSMG's are more FUN!!!
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 4:25pm
Welcome to the nuthouse!

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 9:20pm
Welcome to the party. Tell us more about your carbine and Garand. Photos are welcome.
Retired 11B View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired 11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Donnie Donnie wrote:

Welcome to the party. Tell us more about your carbine and Garand. Photos are welcome.

Thanks for the welcome Donnie.  I posted the M1 in the Carbines of the  Collectors. http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/Forum/new-member-m1_topic5110.html

Hope that worked lol

Larry
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply