Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone see one like this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liberium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone see one like this
    Posted: Dec 10 2020 at 4:37am
Not sure what to think about this one, anyone seen anything like this ?
bullit is made out of lead.

the only thing I can think out that it can be used in a revolver, but I never have seen one like this.
1944 national postal meter .30M1
KNSA (Dutch NRA) Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2020 at 7:07am
GECO.  Did a little Googlin' and found these sites, but not that cartridge yet. Apparently there are a number of various cartridges. (For some reason the hyperlink insert doesn't work for me)

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.org/t/geco-i-30-carbine/1639/2 ;  This has a GECO decoder for the hieroglyphics.  Looks like 78 if I've got the angles oriented right.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2020 at 9:51am
Would love to see what that bullet looks like "pulled" from the casing, at first glance it reminds me of some type of buckshot round.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Would love to see what that bullet looks like "pulled" from the casing, at first glance it reminds me of some type of buckshot round.

I thought of a .410 slug and a 7.62 Nagant.
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2020 at 1:10pm
Interesting round. I would hate to guess what this is supposed to fit.  Most certainly would not fit a carbine chamber correctly.  That is one heavily crimped round!
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2020 at 1:28pm
Found this for the head stamp on the internet. 
DAGDynamit Nobel A-G, Troisdorf, Germany, (previously Geco and DNG Gustav Genchow, Karlsruhe)
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2020 at 7:40pm
My thought is 7.62 Nagant revolver.  I used the carbine crimp die to swage the necks to fit the gas seal in the barrel throat. The bullet in that round is seated below the case mouth. It is very close to the dimensions of the carbine round.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply