The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 10:31am
I would like to sincerely thank you for allowing me to join your club.
I have learned so much information about the M1 Carbine I just purchased recently from reading from your website the last few days. This is an incredible site.

Thanks

Doolinboy
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 12:09pm
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing some details about your carbine.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 1:21pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

I hope you made a good deal. Prices are skyrocketing!
JackP
Doolinboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 3:06pm
Wayne:
I purchased the rifle from R.T.I. In Florida.
It was one of the ones from Ethiopia.
Looking at some of the posts on the website it appears to have had two rebuilds.
I will try to send you pictures from my IPAD when I figure out the logistics of your website.

The receiver I think is a Rock-Ola but all but the first and last letters are covered by the fixed site.
The serial number on the receiver is 4617408. The sites is a Fixed Site (Type III ?) with I.R.Co 7160060 stamped on the side.

The barrel is an Underwood with 1-44 under a flame and bomb insignia.

The stock is a Winchester stock with W.R.A. Stamped on it with G.H.D. Underneath it.
The rebuild letters on the side read AAK (Augusta Arsenal ?) and larger letters stamped on the same side AOZ.

I will send you the photos when I figure out how to do so.

Thanks
Marty

Edited by Doolinboy - Nov 28 2020 at 8:11pm
Doolinboy
Doolinboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 3:10pm
Jack:
I wish I did but I paid a decent amount for it.
When I was young in the early sixties my dad bought an M1 Carbine and a Springfield Rifle from a catalogue and they were shipped to our house. 
He made a hunting rifle out of the Springfield and the M1 ended up with one of my six older brothers.

Doolinboy
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 4:01pm
Welcome to the club. You will find it VERY rewarding!
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 5:00pm
Welcome, feel free to ask any question in this forum, the guys on here are great and won’t make you feel foolish for asking an easy question
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 6:50pm
Welcome to the forum.  
Doolinboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 6:56pm
Thank you I first have to learn how to best navigate around the site.

Doolinboy
Doolinboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 6:57pm
Thank You

Doolinboy
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 7:53pm
Doolinboy, welcome to the party. You have a nice carbine. We'll be waiting for the photos. I hope you can find some ammo to shoot it. 
Doolinboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2020 at 8:18pm
Thanks Donnie
I’m trying to work out downloading the pictures.
Marty

Doolinboy
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2020 at 11:28am
Best I can tell there are two ways to share your photos in a post.
The first method can be used when the photo is publicly accesible on the world wide web (internet).
It's been a while since I've helped someone with an Ipad, but Apple probably has this option/service.  There are also photo hosting services such as Flkr! that can be used the same way once you setup an account and copy the photo to them.
To use this option, when typing a post, use "post Reply" rather than "quick reply".  Get the full URL for the photo file from Apple cloud or Flkr! or whever the photo is.  Then click on the image icon in full reply and paste it there.

The second method is to upload your photo from your Ipad to this forum's server.
If you are familiar with clicking, dragging and dropping pictures, it kindof works like that.
This method can only be used if the photo file isn't to large.   Most of today's cell phones and camaras take photos that are too large.
So find the photos you want to share, then crop and/or shrink them so the file is under 500  kB.
Save these web friendly photo files under new names so you can find them in the directory or folder.  I usually leave the original file name and add c for cropped, r for reduced, and add a simple reminder of what's in the photo, such as RTI-WRA-stamp.
The IPAD may have a picture editing program included that will let you do these things. 

Then when you are posting a message, again use the "post reply".  Use the photo attachment icon.  Then select "browse".   Browse lets you look around the computer's file folders (sometimes called directories) to located the photos you want by name.  Click on the one you want.  Then click Upload.  Now you can enter the photo into your post.

Hope that helps.

Doolinboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2020 at 11:40am
Matt:
Thank you I will try to down load the pictures I have saved on my IPAD photos today.
Marty
Doolinboy
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2020 at 12:46pm
We ask that everyone use to use the forum software for posting pictures.

The issue with 3rd party hosted like flikr and imgur is that eventually the pictures disappear from the post.  This does not help the new guy searching posts looking for answers.

There is a post about loading from an Ipad here
 it is located in the top sections of the forum "registration Help/Tutorials/member introductions.
In that section there are other tutorials for doing the same on a PC

I would anchorage everyone to learn how to use the forum software. If you are still having trouble you can email me the pictures and I will crop and resize and put into your folder or post if you choose.

Doolinboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2020 at 1:36pm
Thanks Dan:
I just reviewed the site.
Marty

Doolinboy
Jimmac View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2020 at 2:44pm
Hi, New member from Florida, formerly Chicago area.
Owned a Universal for many years, gave it to my neighbor lady, missed it and 3 weeks later traded for another.  Got to shoot one in the Air Force, loved it.
looking for a war relic, but everyone that has one will not part with it, or they want a fortune for it, so will enjoy my Universal.
I have been a shooter for 70 years, owned a gun shop just outside of Chicago in the 80's went broke trying to keep it open, closed after 3 years.

Jimmac 

Sorry wrong area for my post   Jim

Edited by Jimmac - Dec 08 2020 at 3:25pm
Retired Fire Dept. Lieutenant, former part time police officer, former Police Commissioner NRA Benefactor Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply