The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Opinion on Carbine on Gunbroker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Opinion on Carbine on Gunbroker
    Posted: Nov 24 2020 at 6:45pm
Fulton Armory M1 Carbine Custom Built/Headspaced - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 885351065

If that was a complete Fulton built Carbine I'd be all over it at that price. Problem is it sounds like a do it yourself gun and I'm leary of those when it comes to M-1 Carbines.

Thoughts? 
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2020 at 7:12pm
Personally, I wouldn't pay that much for it although it is probably perfectly fine. Fulton wouldn't put anything on it that wasn't able to pass inspection. For that money I would look for a real military carbine. 
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
35 Whelen View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 35 Whelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2020 at 8:34pm
  Search completed M1 Carbine auctions to get an idea of what they're selling for, you'll see that it's a bit difficult to buy a nice carbine for much less than the starting price of this one. Also realize there are two kinds of buyers; collectors and shooters. As a shooter, I'd love to have one like that with a new Criterion barrel, and if it weren't so close to Christmas, I'd definitely bid on it. 

I'll bet the farm that carbine will sell in excess of the starting price.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2020 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by 35 Whelen 35 Whelen wrote:

Search completed M1 Carbine auctions to get an idea of what they're selling for, you'll see that it's a bit difficult to buy a nice carbine for much less than the starting price of this one. Also realize there are two kinds of buyers; collectors and shooters. As a shooter, I'd love to have one like that with a new Criterion barrel, and if it weren't so close to Christmas, I'd definitely bid on it. 

I'll bet the farm that carbine will sell in excess of the starting price.

I figure same as you, it'll sell for more. I don't really need it since I have a couple Carbines with new Criterion barrel's on them now. I've already got a "real" new production Fulton here (this one sounds like a home built one), I'm just looking for something to get myself for Xmas Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply