Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buying a carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buying a carbine
    Posted: Sep 24 2020 at 1:00am
are there any trusted retailers out there that have carbines for sale?
I am looking to purchase one, and I prefer an early model.
While I am still learning more about carbines, I have collected other
military and cowboy guns for years.
Thanks all.
Good Shootin!!
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2020 at 7:37am
Welcome to the forum.  Are you looking for USGI or commercial?  I don't know about commercial but there are plenty of folks on here that do and can help you on that.  As for USGI they typically are hit or miss when coming through an importer in bulk.  You can find discussions on here regarding Royal Tiger Import's carbines from Ethiopia.  They still have a few but read the aforementioned discussions first.  So what is you intent for it, collection or shooter?  That makes an appreciable dollar difference.  This forum is a great place to ask questions before you buy.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2020 at 9:15am
As mentioned, read though the posts here as you can to find out more info. Do you want a real USGI Carbine with early features?, modern commercial production or what.

The only retailer that has had "early" M-1 Carbines lately has been RTI Imports and those have gotten very pricey the past couple months

They also have a mixed reputation from what I've seen posted here and other forums for what they consider "early" or "unissued" condition.

That's not to say you won't be able to find a "early" Carbine with some effort, but watch out for fakes or "corrected" Carbines...their out there
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2020 at 1:10pm
It literally pays to have some patience, arm yourself with knowledge and have some sharp search skills when it comes to purchasing a first carbine or even number fifty. The market is nutty now, probably because of the coming election (remember 2016's surge?) and maybe waiting isn't a horrible idea, unless the magic carbine suddenly makes itself available.
 Post Reply Post Reply