The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from ICT Kansas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rgpracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from ICT Kansas
    Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 12:34pm
Hello from Wichita....
I am excited to be a new member of your awesome forum.  I do not (as of yet, but looking) have a Carbine because i don't know what i want yet, just know i want one.
I am retired military, active CC holder, avid shooter of everyrhing i own and have always wanted an M1 30 Carbine. 
Wife and I have traveled all over the country on our Goldwing, now travel in our 2011 Mazda Miata PRHT.  Both the wife and I are prepping to retire from Aerospace (hopefully) by years end.
I'm happily married with10 grandkids, spent 24 years Army and fighter crewchief in the Airforce, now an active crewchief on a late model stock car.
Enjoy shooting, want to learn to reload and an excited to find my first Carbine.....maybe even from someone on this forum.

Have a great day and look fwd to talking and learning from you all.
Ray Parker
Msgt Ret
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 12:44pm
Welcome to the forum, Ray. Hope you fine a good Carbine soon. Once you get one, I can guarantee it won't be your only one.

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 1:05pm
Hi and welcome from New Mexico!

Wayne is right. They're like rabbits. They multiply. Also, some are like Gremlins. Don't let them get wet!
JackP
jim77cg View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim77cg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 1:17pm
Best of luck, Excellent place for carbine info.
Rgpracer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rgpracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 3:40pm
I'm sure i told you guys more than you need to know, but proud of all of it....so, hard to just say.....hello from Kansas.

Looking fwd to finding my first.....I'm a research-a-holic....can't wait.
Ray Parker
Msgt Ret
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 5:18pm
You're not the only road biker here. I drive a Kawasaki Vulcan myself and have toured the country as well. Also retired and addicted to carbines. Have been reloading for over 50 years too. Welcome to the forum!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Rgpracer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rgpracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 6:26pm
good for you smokpole, we were just tired of "too cold", too hot", too wet.
Love our Miata....will love my M1.
Anyone have one to sell?
Ray Parker
Msgt Ret
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 7:46pm
Welcome from Cleveland OH.  You have come to the right place if you are a research-a-holic.  I’ve seen a couple of good deals on armslist.com for carbines but be weary of anyone selling that is unregistered or if the deal is “too goo” to be true.  If you have any questions feel free to post and the guys on here will answer as best as possible.  
Rgpracer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rgpracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2020 at 12:35pm
Thanks Beezer
Ray Parker
Msgt Ret
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2020 at 3:49pm
Welcome to the forum and first of all thank you for your service.  Sounds like you are mainly interested in a shooter than a "collectible" or "all correct".  That'll save you $$ for mags and ammo.  Suggest posting in the Wanted sub-forum under the For Sale forum.  Most folks are on other forums too and may let you know if they come across one worth having.   Like Breezer said just ask if you have questions about one.   
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2020 at 4:25pm
Welcome.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Rgpracer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rgpracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2020 at 4:29pm
I actually like 100% original more than anything.....my favorite pistol is a 1918 1911....all original....
Like a true M1, i listen for the stories that could come from the guns, true, price is higher.....but i don't want a "piece together" shooter.
Thanks sir, and most welcome.
Ray Parker
Msgt Ret
Rgpracer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rgpracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2020 at 4:33pm
Ps sling00, i like used, i build AR's, THAT'S as close to new as i like.
Embarrassed
Ray Parker
Msgt Ret
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2020 at 8:54am
Welcome to one of the most exciting hobbies around especially when there are so many great folks to shear it with. Best of luck finding a? prize Carbine. 
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Post Reply Post Reply